80 series survey (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Family overland rig, I suppose that's A)

Although I doubt I will ever use it to its full capability. I also wanted to learn to wrench and knew it would be a good project.

Glad it wasn't me facing beno's wrath. I just responded to a thread in "new posts." Guess I'll look at the date as to not feed the monster.

I bought the 80 because a 100 is for clever clogs who think 285 A/T's are too noisy and order "wraps" instead of burritos'. I bought the 80 because a 200 is for clever clogs who wear bolo ties to Barrett-Jackson--with hiking boots. I bought the 80 because the FJ is for clever clogs who have caramel apple kettle corn stuck in the seats. I bought the 80 because Tacos are for clever guys who calculate mpg's and use the money saved to buy more Oakley's. I bought the 80 because a jeep is for clever clogs who dream of a high-lift jack on their spare--and they put ketchup in their beans. I bought the 80 because the 4Runner is for guys who and sprinkle multi-vitamins on their waffles. I bought the 80 because I am an American Cowboy.

Zona

I am beginning to think I bought my 80 because I was in need of something to spend all my time and money on. But really, when I had my list of wants all worked out, the 80 series was the only option on earth. In one word? VERSITITY! All that my research had to show me was that this vehicle, despite its age, is still getting the job done on every continent.

Last edited:
I bought the 80s because it was the most understated off-road vehicle I could find that was relatively reliable. After spending $60k plus on a Land Rover discovery, the land cruiser was the only obvious choice! Anyone want a hummer? LOL!

image.jpeg

I bought mine for all the reasons listed, and prolly a few that havent been listed that I just havent thought of yet. The real question is, why wouldnt you buy one?

I wanted factory lockers, and didn't want to pay what a Jeep Rubicon costs....

Um, well, I bought mine new......Cuz I could. :flipoff2:

This, and I did a lot of skiing back in '94 and wanted a good 4x4 to take me to the local SoCal mountains and all the way to Colorado too. They were flying off lots at MSRP back then. Mine was the color I wanted (white of course) and lucked out in today's usage that it had lockers! Didn't think I'd ever use them when I bought the truck new! Oh how things change.

I bought my 80 because I was in need of a large family vehicle that was safe and reliable. The 80 fits the bill and it's a "Land Cruiser."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom