80 Series Replacement Power Window Motors List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is one I found. I forgot to watch it so it took a minute to find.

That’s great news!!

do you by chance have a link to the thread on how to replace them??

i just repaired my rear passenger lock that had this problem by cleaning the contacts in the electric motor. Took about 30 minutes and works like a charm. There’s a member with a video of the process On YouTube. Texasknowhow. Super easy.

i just repaired my rear passenger lock that had this problem by cleaning the contacts in the electric motor. Took about 30 minutes and works like a charm. There’s a member with a video of the process On YouTube. Texasknowhow. Super easy.
Thank you!

I recently went in and cleaned the switches. All but one door. Found that most contacts were blackened to the point that I’m not sure much electricity was able to get through. I had a passenger side door window switch not work at all and one other not working at all. I’ll recommend going in and doing the same. It’s all relatively straightforward. Take your time. Have some small flathead screwdrivers on hand. This all can be done, but you have to not get impatient. Worth doing. Mine is a ‘93. Neglected as hell until recently. I cleaned up the contacts with slight filing.

One word to the wise, you may find some pins with clips on them. It is not necessary to pull these. Leave them. If you don’t find the black contacts, keep looking. There’s the easily exposed side and the side that takes a little getting into. Get the switch onto a table and keep track of all parts. Have fun.

On the window motors, Toyota may have gotten wise about the P/N pricing, as a call today to our local supportive dealer returned identical List and Discount pricing for both a 2001 Camry DS window motor as a 1996 LandCruiser PS front window motor.

Strangely enough - the Camry motor was in stock inventory while the LC part would take 3-4 days to ship...🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom