Registry 80 Series Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 Land Cruiser
Leon Daniel
129,000 Miles
Slee Short Bus Front Bumper, Hella Rallye Aux Lights
Road Trips mainly
Uzt39HJ.jpg

1. Year and model: 1997 80 Series
2. Name of owner: Tim
3. Name of rig: LuCy
4. Mileage: 189,600
5. Mods...if any: Bone stock
LuCy.jpg

6. How the truck is used: Daily Driver. Hopefully use to pull small camping trailer and haul my canoe.

1. Year and model- 96 LX450
2. Name of owner- Dustin
3. Name of rig- not at the moment
4. Mileage- 242k
5. Mods- OME lift (not sure what, claimed 6”?), 35s, ARB front, custom rear bump w/ tire carrier, sliders, 4.88s, snorkel. I just got the thing recently. I’d rather have built one up but couldn’t pass it up. Supposedly Slee built it years ago. Have a few things planned, fix some suspension/steering wear, new tires, add a winch, lockers eventually. Maybe a roof top tent. Dual batteries and pipe dreams of a supercharger.
6. How the truck is used- DD, Off roader, exploring, camping.

1E6FA9E0-564C-4467-95C7-B682774D52C2.jpeg

293B1797-2C4C-4B3D-A476-B6DBEAAB2B04.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey all - I just purchased my first LC from another member of this amazing forum (slamd58) and I couldn't be happier with the Cruiser or with the character of Bill, the seller. I'm originally a Jeep guy, but have been drooling over the 80 series for over a decade, and was finally able to pull the trigger. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

1. Year and model - 1994 FZJ80L
2. Name of owner - David
3. Name of rig - "New Truck!" (courtesy of my 2-yr-old)
4. Mileage - 234k
5. Mods - Factory Lockers, HIR Headlights, George's LEDs, Pioneer speakers, Slee Headlight Harness, HG replaced 198K, Aatlas Two tone Grey leather seat covers, MetalTech Sliders with LineX, 35" Goodyear Duratracs, F.O.R. Gen II Lift and Shocks
6. How the truck is used - DD, Hunting, Camping, Exploring

IMG_5249.JPG

Long time lurker while on the look out for an 80 series. Finally have one in the driveway. A big thank you for the massive amounts of knowledge and experience provided here.

1. Year and model - 1994 FZJ80L
2. Name of owner - Mike
3. Name of rig - TBD
4. Mileage - 197k
5. Mods...if any - OME lift from PO, Mother Nature clear coat removal, factory lockers
Currently removing all of the Manix flare and baselining everything. Very moderate mods to come with reliability and family comfort in mind.
6. How the truck is used - Family adventure mobile

IMG_20180204_074209.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend I rolled the dice and flew to Eugene, OR and liberated a 1993 FJZ80 from a nice college kid who was funding an bicycle trip across Europe. Ive been wanting a Land Cruiser since i first noticed one on a trip to Africa in 1992 (i was 12) and that was the first time I can remember wanting to own a specific car. A few Toyota 4WD's later and I'm now a happy owner of a Land Cruiser.

1. 1993 FJZ 80
2. Greg
3. ...no nick name yet
4. 207k
5. PO installed the following:
-OME 2.5 Heavies,
-315 75r 16 General Grabbers AT2
-ARB winch bumper
-4x4 Labs Rear bumper with 2 swing outs (tire carrier and 2 Gas cans)
-Front Runner Rack with ARB awning and High lift mount
-home brewed shelf above cargo area
6. Our new rig is replacing our 1987 Toyota 4WD Pickup as our second vehicle. It's primarily purpose is as our family adventure vehicle and second car, but not as a daily driver.

Glad to be here!

IMG_0970.JPG

1. 1997 fzj80 230K miles collectors edition

2. Nat Wilson

3. locked FR/RR/Center OME lift 850,863 adjustable pan hard bars FR,RR, 1" spring spacers front, ARB bumper, dual battery's
Hanibail roof rack and awning.

4. camping, road trips, daily driver

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 9.25.54 PM.png

Hi all -

New to the forum and hope to get some clue what to do with the 80 first (well...wheels are 1st, so 2nd and 3rd and so on..). Purchased for my daughter to use as a DD and now she bought her own vehicle so I finally get it and get to have some fun with it. Also included a pic of my '04 Tacoma (son drives that one still).

1. Year and model - 1996 FZJ80
2. Name of owner - Lynn
3. Name of rig - FIONA when she's cooperating, SHREK when she spits the antenna out onto the hood and OGRE when I have to open the hood and jiggle the battery cable harness to get her to start (got that fixed finally)!
4. Mileage 221k
5. Mods...if any. No time for mods yet - just getting her trustworthy first (heater hose, electrical, catalytic converter (x 2 x2) etc...). Besides the aftermarket crap done for the last 20+ years I believe everything is stock.
6. How the truck is used. Will be my DD and some light 4x4 in the Hill Country
7. Photo.

20180213_193947 (Medium).jpg

20180213_194027 (Medium).jpg

1997 lx450
Sean
I call her Lucy.
Bought it after the swap was done. torn into it to get it where I wanted it.
-5.9 1st Gen
-Fuel pump set up pretty hot pin, gov 3400 spring. long hot screw, m&h adv timing kit afc and full fuel dialed up.
-nv4500 lost 5th once already.
-60 series t case with manual hubs
-15000 x20
-3 Batts and Luna sol
-37" bfg K02
-Sorting the lift out the Cummins sagged the fxxx outta the from end. Iron Man 6" was not up to the weight and gave it shopping cart caster. Just installed 2420s up front waiting on Rears
-Dynomat and Dyno pad in interior.
She's been hibernating this winter. I gotta air it down to 5 psi to get it in and out of the garage and it's on average -25 here in winter so I'm not very ambitious.

Future stuff
-hx35 waiting to serenade me, gonna try too sand bend 4" exhaust too.
-7x.009 sac injectors
-arb comp
-truck lite 5x7 spot lights on bumper
-top tent.

Go anywhere camping vehicle and occasional tow vehicle. I'll upload a picture sometime but I'm not tech savvy enough

1. Year and model - 1996 FZJ80
2. Name of owner - Gabe
3. Name of rig - None At the moment
4. Mileage 189k
5. Mods... Just picked up this piece for 1k. Started by removing fender flares and running boards and gonna baseline the vehicle soon, all fluids it Has a major PS leak so that would be my first major fix. OME/Wheels and Tires in the future and some simple front and rear bumpers to fab up.
6. How the truck is used- DD Fishing/Hunting
7. Photo.
22228483_1579776485413662_5947295054296803577_n.jpg

1. Year and model: 1997 80 Series
2. Name of owner: Rob
3. Name of rig: The Land Bruiser
4. Mileage: 143,000
5. Mods...nada...in baselining process
6. Daily Driver, dirt road roamer

fj80.jpg

1. 1997 fzj80 230K miles collectors edition

2. Nat Wilson

3. locked FR/RR/Center OME lift 850,863 adjustable pan hard bars FR,RR, 1" spring spacers front, ARB bumper, dual battery's
Hanibail roof rack and awning.

4. camping, road trips, daily driver

View attachment 1631313

That rig looks familiar. Was the previous owner on here?

96 LX450
OME stock springs
285's

Snow%20Cruiser%201_zps1v9fhcsn.jpg

1. Year and model- 96 LX450
2. Name of owner- Dustin
3. Name of rig- not at the moment
4. Mileage- 242k
5. Mods- OME lift (not sure what, claimed 6”?), 35s, ARB front, custom rear bump w/ tire carrier, sliders, 4.88s, snorkel. I just got the thing recently. I’d rather have built one up but couldn’t pass it up. Supposedly Slee built it years ago. Have a few things planned, fix some suspension/steering wear, new tires, add a winch, lockers eventually. Maybe a roof top tent. Dual batteries and pipe dreams of a supercharger.
6. How the truck is used- DD, Off roader, exploring, camping.

View attachment 1626723

View attachment 1626727
Great looking rig. What type of roof rack and do you like it thanks Al..

'93 FZJ80
Owner: Ben
Given Name: Toad (it was named after the head gasket let go and had to get towed!)
258k is where the mileage was at when the odometer stopped working 8 years ago.
2.5" OME with 1" front spacers. 315/70R17's
Duties include: school bus, camp locator, time waster.

IMG_20180303_114935832.jpg

~ 94' FZJ 80
~ Chip
~ Named the rig Mr. Magoo since it's a true 'road hog!', and the Urban Dictionary definition is pretty fitting too
~ 225,5xx miles
~ This is actually Skymall's old beast The Big Beast - My 1994 TLC Build Thread He bought it and took it to Memphis, and I went to Memphis, bought it and brought it back from the guy he sold it to. High 5 to @SkyMall for all his work. Magoo ended up about 5 miles from CruiserCo where he bought it. I've since replaced the left fender and fender flare, added Gamiviti towers and homemade cross bars for my RTT, replaced the ooozy dist o ring, repaired vacuum hoses and eliminated the CEL 71 code, replaced the charcoal canister with the AC Delco, fixed some additional annoying interior stuff, and thoroughly moaned about lack of cupholders. Magoo runs great, but I'll be continuing to baseline. While it was in Memphis, it spent some time in Toyota Service, and they rebuilt steering, rebuilt birfs and axle seals, replaced rear seal, new brakes all the way around, new seals on all the diffs and trans case, flushed cooling and some other stuff I can't remember off top of my head. Dealing with a minor coolant drip from rear heater, but stops when control valve is closed, so will be doing the bypass, and the PHH is on the list. Doing all I can to baby the HG. No idea if it has been replaced yet.
~ Overlanding rig, toy and general bank account thief! Garage kept and promise I will only drive it to church on Sundays...

1997 LX450
150k miles
Kyle
The RoLex- it was lightly rolled when I bought it, buffed out the roof and installed a new windshield and sunroof. Still needs some bodywork. I bought it July of 2017 in Grand Junction. Now my family and I are back home in Northern Minnesota.

I pieced together an OME kit, most of the parts are actually off the Campteq green 80. I'll be commuting 50 miles each day with it for work, aiming to have 35's on it in the next few months. Along with Labs bumpers and some bedliner to cover the holes.

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom