80 Series Part 2: Electric Boogaloo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was planning on selling it. You can have first dibs if you want, shoot me a PM.

I tried and got an error saying that I may not start a conversation with you. Not sure what that's about.

Just wondering but I have a electrical issue with my 92 FJ80 where the brake, trans temp and battery light come on while driving and the voltage drops too. Happens mostly on the high way and not at any particular rpm or anything. Comes and goes sometimes just flashes. I did find 1 wire going to a sensor on the bottom side of the coolant manifold at the front of the motor, repaired it today and it didnt seem to do it on the way home but just checking to see if anyone else had had anything like this happen?

Just wondering but I have a electrical issue with my 92 FJ80 where the brake, trans temp and battery light come on while driving and the voltage drops too. Happens mostly on the high way and not at any particular rpm or anything. Comes and goes sometimes just flashes. I did find 1 wire going to a sensor on the bottom side of the coolant manifold at the front of the motor, repaired it today and it didnt seem to do it on the way home but just checking to see if anyone else had had anything like this happen?
I realize I called this thread "Electric Boogaloo" but it doesn't actually have anything to do with electrical problems...

Baptized it.

IMG_5386.jpg

Well overdue for an update. Loving the way the truck is coming together.

Firstly added the Delta VS + Icon "Full Kit" Suspension system, link here: Delta Vehicle Systems - LX450 DVS+ICON "Full Kit" - $2,769.60 . @Delta VS were absolutely awesome to work with. I already had their PLB which comes with the kit and Dave worked with me to get me the remainder of the kit without the PLB...very communicative the whole time just an overall great experience. Total change of dynamics both on road (and the little off road I have done). Was sitting on dobinson 2.5" tapered springs with Ironman shocks previously...wasn't a terrible set up but compared to the feel of the OME I had on my previous truck it was a 180 in the other direction...OME was very heavy and stiff, this doby/ironman set up was very floaty, felt like an old cadillac. First impressions of the "Full Kit" are exactly what I was looking for - a happy middle ground. The Delta Radius arms are amazing quality as well, perfect seams and solid construction...best available solution for castor correction IMO. Only addition to the 'full kit' I feel is necessary is a front adjustable panhard bar. This level of lift on any 80 is going to shift your front axle way out of whack so I added an Ironman front panhard and it did the trick. Tried to source a blackhawk but had no luck and most of the other available options came with poly bushings. The Ironman came with rubber bushings and it seems very solid overall, happy with it. Should have taken some before pics, but here is the stance of the truck now:

IMG_5752.jpg

Here is another shot of it behind my favorite general store on more level ground. Can take some more pics of how the arms/suspension look on the underside if anyone is curious.

IMG_5760.jpg

Second addition was the Slee Shortbus front bumper. Had one on my previous cruiser and absolutely loved it. Lots of great options out there for 80 series front bumpers but my heart still lies with the shortbus. This is speculation, but based on my other bumper, I do believe there have been quite a few updates to the new one...seems to fit the truck more snugly and the angles appear to be more dialed in. Powder coat is unbelievable quality and so is overall construction. Was on the wait list for 7 months before I received this, but well worth it. Fit my warn 9.5xp absolutely perfectly. Slee bumpers are the true gold standard.

Last edited:
Made a few edits/additions to the build. Lots of things completed, but a few things thinking about changing up. Anyone here sleep on ARB drawers? How does that feel? As much as I was trying to avoid swing outs on a rear bumper, getting the spare out of the cargo area and potentially having more sleeping arrangements in addition to the roof just seems to make more sense.

Decided to go a different route with rear bumper/spare tire. Ordered a labs bumper with swing outs. Will have a brand new never used LCP interior tire carrier/puma mount for sale in the classifieds section soon, PM me if interested.

Next in line on the mount. Also, you ready to part with the Dobinsons yet? I'll hit up our PM.

Got my labs bumper in, can't wait to get it on the truck. Overall happy with the purchase, however I will say that I am not impressed with the powdercoat. Looks like it may have been bumped a bit during shipping and part of the powder coat is already coming off in a few places. Anybody else felt the finish is a bit thin on these?

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

Just going through my list in the OP. Pretty happy with all the stuff I've gotten done, but realizing now the list of stuff I've crossed out and labeled "ordered" (but not done) is getting pretty lengthy...:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom