80 Series OEM Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a question for you real gurus out there. My 80 Series truck is a JDM, right hand drive 1HD-T 4.2 Turbo Diesel. It came with a factory winch.
upload_2017-5-3_9-2-4.jpeg
upload_2017-5-3_9-3-39.jpeg

I used my truck s a second vehicle, winter driving/home depot/etc.... So I removed my winch because I was afraid winter road salt (here in New England) would destroy it.

I was thinking about replacing it with a front receiver mounted, removable winch.
I can find 10,000lbs winches under 100lbs. Synthetic less.

Question, is this winch any good? I can not find any specs or ratings on it.
It is extremely heavy, Maybe 150lbs. Guestimation.

Is it any good, are there tricks or updates to this unit, Like maybe a replace the cable with a Synthetic rope?

Keep-Ditch-Sell, Looking for any word or recommendations.

Thanks!

Those OEM winches ar very robust, a few of my freinds in central american have them on VX HDJ80s. But fairly slow geared IIRC. Why no keep it?

I could find any spec's, I may put it back on. I was try to gather info on this unit.
And some advise.

Thank you for you input.

While 'Mud has metric s***loads of great info, My CA buddies with HDJ80s subscibe to AU Land Cruiser web forums for ROW truck info. You may want to try there.

My advice is to sell it to me.

From memory it's an 8k winch, or there about. The bumper is the real killer. If you plan on offloading and using the winch for recovery the bumper will get destroyed.

For that purpose I'd pull everything and sell it and put on something more substantial.

On my first truck I went with a Slew shortbus and hydraulic winch. A hydraulic with synthetic line is probably the lightest winch out there.

Landtank!, Thanks for the info, I am still digging for info and options.

And you right-on, the bumper is extremely light, (and with the large cut out, I don't expect it to be strong)
I can see it getting destroyed very quickly.

Did you keep oem winch? I am looking to buy one.
Did you end up buying one? If so, do you mind sharing the price you paid and what parts were included?

Im interested in buying the oem style winch, do you still have it? Or is anyone selling one with the bumper?

Im interested in buying the oem style winch, do you still have it? Or is anyone selling one with the bumper?
Apology if this is deemed a post hijack 3 years from OP.. @Bean80 if you are still looking let us know - I have a 1991 HDJ81 bumper + OEM winch in Houston TX which we are replacing with a custom bumper + new winch. We have not pulled it yet so will be posting it for sale on here and some other forums with some videos and photos but since I saw your post I replied immediately. Color is grey, good condition.

Apology if this is deemed a post hijack 3 years from OP.. @Bean80 if you are still looking let us know - I have a 1991 HDJ81 bumper + OEM winch in Houston TX which we are replacing with a custom bumper + new winch. We have not pulled it yet so will be posting it for sale on here and some other forums with some videos and photos but since I saw your post I replied immediately. Color is grey, good condition.

Interested on this if still available.... can u pls send me price and conditions and also let me know if it works and the weight of it, if u have any pics that would be great as well.

Thank you .

Interested on this if still available.... can u pls send me price and conditions and also let me know if it works and the weight of it, if u have any pics that would be great as well.

Thank you .
sorry - sold a few weeks back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom