80 Series GIS Skid now available - HuddExpo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hardware is about as nice as they come too.

Front driveshaft is entirely serviceable (which is good because mine is desperately in need of a grease)

C986E385-DBF3-4CF5-9D60-9CBD0EC36662.jpeg
1A123CE9-6B5B-4220-A26F-07B5FF56993A.jpeg
C986E385-DBF3-4CF5-9D60-9CBD0EC36662.jpeg
97DC81D6-E9BF-45EE-98E8-0874CA20C34E.jpeg

20E04A20-E659-4BA5-BC1F-73CEBF60B182.jpeg

Going wheeling this weekend and asked CJMOON to get me one... Apparently, he already installed one on mine:cool:. I crawled under and took a look. It's a d@mn nice bit of steel under there. As all the pics show, the quality is there, the fit is there and it's easy to service the rest of the truck! Wonder what he will design for us next!?!?! :D

-Phil

6 units packaged and getting picked up in the next hour.

Let me know as you get them if anything didn’t ride well. I’ll take notes for packaging the second round.

0586248C-5910-4A93-BE43-DF16518CC21C.jpeg

0825C256-CBCC-43FD-BB73-40A180B2BD4F.jpeg

Going wheeling this weekend and asked CJMOON to get me one... Apparently, he already installed one on mine:cool:. I crawled under and took a look. It's a d@mn nice bit of steel under there. As all the pics show, the quality is there, the fit is there and it's easy to service the rest of the truck! Wonder what he will design for us next!?!?! :D

-Phil
KS Rocks?

@cjmoon, I’m going out to give mine the royal bashing on Saturday if you (and @turbophil ) want to join (pending rain).

I’m out heading out of town with the fam. Not sure if turbophils plans. He was trying round up the normal crowd, but rain does seem pretty eminent.

While I was chasing down a squeak, only to determine it was my 5k cheapo Moog u joints, my neighbor walked up. @cjmoon, you may remember the SC’d tundra. Anyway, showed him the skid (he was impressed as he should be) and decided to see how strong it was with a jack underneath. Lifted it a couple inches to the point the tires had little contact patch with zero deflection.

also, added note, front driveshaft maintenance is a breeze and for the amount of times I’ll be doing that vs challenging a Rock right there, it’s well designed.

-Phil

You act surprised. Most of the install pics are on your LX. I knew you’d want it

Get in line I just ordered:flipoff2:and that my friends is no April 1 joke! 👍

Anyone of interest should not procrastinate. Good chance Hudd will soon determine the cost is too low on something of this quality. I have seen it happen here many times over the years including myself.

With welding and zinc coating done at such a low price I see no reason anyone would buy the DYI but thats just me.

Because of my lower links and mount, I am going to have to modify it. It will be easier to toss up and down to make my required cuts while it's in pieces vs all together. Same with loading it into the vice.

Mine is ordered, looks like I got the last DIY one.

I got mine. Haven't installed yet, just installed the sliders. I'm going to epoxy paint mine first probably.

A few issues I'll take pictures of, missing zinc coating in areas, some small rust and a weld.

I got mine. Haven't installed yet, just installed the sliders. I'm going to epoxy paint mine first probably.

A few issues I'll take pictures of, missing zinc coating in areas, some small rust and a weld.
Zinc is a liquid bath application and residual is common. Is it a wipe off that your seeing? Zinc has its limitations just want talk through it with users.

Thanks for the input everyone, and super happy they have arrived quickly. Only one DIY version left right now.
Odd, it showed one when I made my purchase last night, and right after showed no longer in Stock. Sure hope my order went through alright.

Odd, it showed one when I made my purchase last night, and right after showed no longer in Stock. Sure hope my order went through alright.

Yours went through just fine, it will ship out Monday. One DIY kit became available after your purchase.

So not terrible but a few minor imperfections. Still stout and I was planning on epoxing before install.

IMG_20190406_132824.jpg

IMG_20190406_132827.jpg

IMG_20190406_132846.jpg

IMG_20190406_132853.jpg

I saw some of that. Part of a zinc process where chemicals can get trapped where there is overlap such as this. I've got notes on my weld drawing to insure that gets welded top and bottom around alignment tabs to minimize in the future, but will always be present to some extent without fully welding each component and seam which increases cost and can actually weaken the part over heating thinner features of the metal.

Thank You for the feedback.

I saw some of that. Part of a zinc process where chemicals can get trapped where there is overlap such as this. I've got notes on my weld drawing to insure that gets welded top and bottom around alignment tabs to minimize in the future, but will always be present to some extent without fully welding each component and seam which increases cost and can actually weaken the part over heating thinner features of the metal.

Thank You for the feedback.
Should I weld those on top then?

Mine showed up QUICK lokks sick no issues at all, My only issue is taking out the iron pig because it covers my tranny pan as well, and Im not one to remove armor so this may be going to big red machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom