80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any news?

Nothing new. I am right in the middle of my my last difficult semester of classes. Looking like I’ll be doing a massive batch of the starting around the end of the year.

Hey wanted to share my experience installing this on an LX450 because there hasn't been much discussion of that.

Overall the main thing I did differently was cut a small hole for the latch tab because the lx450 has a cover over the middle section of the bumper. It looks clean because the plate is completely hidden underneath. I did grind down the four bolt heads of the pintle plate bracket ever so slightly because they were right against the center bumper cover. The two pads on the top and rear of the swingout have deformed the center bumper cover slightly. If you look close in the 1st pic you can see. Not a big deal, but if I did it over I would have considered cutting holes there for the pads to make direct contact with the crossmember underneath and avoid deforming the center cover.

Also, make sure you really tighten down the swingout latch! I found out the hard way in death valley when mine swung out on a rough road, broke the head off the strut, and dented my rear QP. also evidenced in first pic..

I had received the swingout second hand which was a bit of a double edged sword. It was already welded up, but a bit of a pain because I was missing a fair amount of stuff. @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr was a huge help despite me bugging him numerous times for struts, assembly info, missing pieces etc. Thanks so much!!

IMG_20190917_103326.jpg
20190519_165719.jpg
20190414_123747.jpg

Last edited:
I have a driver's side that I'm willing to sell. I bought it in Jan of 18, then promptly blew out my knee which delayed installation. In all that time, I've decided to do something different. There are a couple of issues:
1) FedEx completely destroyed the original packaging, but @SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr was completely stand-up about it and replaced all of the missing/damaged parts.
2) It's all sitting in my garage in a Home Depot bucket complete with instructions, etc.
3) I'm in the Dallas area and not too keen on shipping it.
4) It's completely as-is/where-is.

PM me if interested.
The bumper is gone, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom