80 Series - 6BT + NV4500 + HF2AV Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dirty Koala

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been documenting my build and Cummins 6BT swap in the 80 series tech section. For those of you that want to see another swap, here is the link to my thread.

I am currently very close to being able to fire her up for the 1st time.

Dirty Koala - Cummins 6BT + NV4500 + HF2AV Swap

20160605_140221.jpg

Presently trying to bleed the air out of the fuel lines/ P-pump...quite a process.
Yup it's not fun even after fuel filter change. Since there is no bleed screw, only plunger pump, I result to the pedal to the floor method while starting hoping to get it running before battery juice is depleted.

Yup it's not fun even after fuel filter change. Since there is no bleed screw, only plunger pump, I result to the pedal to the floor method while starting hoping to get it running before battery juice is depleted.
Yeah, its a PIA. I have a friend stopping over this evening to lend a hand...hopefully we get it bled, fired up and idle adjusted to about 800.

Awesome dedication , i also have a 12v sitting around for a few years wondering what to put it in , i may follow your lead , we have similar tastes , fantastic job !!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

another shot of doors , bought these before they came out with the best top compadible ones ( damm it ) i think i can just drill the holes in mine tho , got the door tops just need to get the soft top , dont think i will ever put hard top on again and a soft top will get me a month or more of driving it on front and back end of summer

image.jpg

Last edited:
Everyday I tell myself to hold off on ordering the tailgate panel. Yours looks so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom