4" lift eye candy ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lots of positive feedback on my recent 4" lift install , so I thought I'd post up a few more pics I took today . I remember how important eye candy was to me when I was trying to decide what to do to my 80 ...

Mods : If this isn't quite tech oriented enough , please remove it to chat .... thanx

:cheers:

TY

P1200083.jpg
P1200084.jpg
P1200086.jpg

P1200088.jpg
P1200091.jpg
P1200094.jpg

P1200092.jpg
P1200093.jpg
P1200095.jpg

P1200098.jpg
P1200099.jpg
P1200089.jpg

Man is it cold! Your tail lights froze solid!

Nice pics TY. Do us a favor and flex her out so we can see how well she flexes with the lift and how the tires stuff.

ver, ver nice.
what size tyres?

aw man.. that settles it!
lift and 315's for me too.
i was going to just stuff the biggest tire i could on stock suspension but TY's looks so good, i gotta have it.

Yeah , I'm getting the itch to flex . The snow is too soft to drive up on .. so I'll have to keep my eyes open for something to drive up on .

Wait .. I think a few people at work drive VWyahs :D ;p

TY

Yeah it is not a good idea miked to just stuff the biggest tire in there cause first of all you might not move or you might rub, and there will be no articultion flex. So get the lift it is definitly worth it!

TYLER,

With that set up (850J/863), how's the ride? Is it harsh, hard, or just about right? Do you carry a lot of stuff inside to put weight on those springs?

Noel ,

I notice a few bumps for the first 1000' in the morning when I drive off . This is in the winter mind you , in -20° after I've been parked outside all nite . (still haven't removed the roofrack so I can park inside the condo again :rolleyes: )

Otherwise the ride is really fantastic . The roads here are prettyy covered in rough snow/ice , and still the ride is fine . Obviously I am taking for granted I drive a truck . This is not going to drive like a luxury car . Although on the freeway , it does come pretty darn close to feeling like a caddy :D

I have no weight inside .. in fact I have the rear seats removed ! So I am pretty light ...Just my 200 lb butt in the drivers seat ;)

TY

Hey Tyler,

Looks great!
I pick up the same lift to put on my LX. Thanks for the pics and comments. Now I just need the time to put it on and money for some shoes...debating 285's vs 315's.

You know most of us have sliders, bullbars, etc, etc, etc.....but I STILL love the look of a lifted , simple, smooth and clean look of what your 80 has. I have often thought about selling my gear off my truck and going with that look again. Absolutely beautiful. It looks much higher than mine because of there being no step rails or sliders. Just an optical illusion but nonetheless looks like a 5 - 6 inch lift. Don't change it!!
airlaird

Yeah if look is all your going for than sure. But if you think about taking it offroad then you should keep that stuff or that smooth look will turn into a banged up 80. But its up to you. I don't know why im saying this cause I wouldn't mind buying the sliders off you.

I didn't realise that Christo was talking 850Js when he was talking a 4" lift. I thought he was coming up with new springs. Looks good Ty, I have the getto 850Js, 850s with a 1" Mr. Gasket spacer.

Remember back on the acme board when everyone was anti 315s. Now everyone has to have them. BTW, where's your spare residing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom