For Sale 78 fj40 project near Memphis TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1978 fj 40. I purchased it thinking I would swap the axles to my 74 40. The 40 came from Globe AZ. The owner told me that Dave from 4 plus did all the work on it. After I got it I decided I would build it up possibly for a everyday driver. So I started going that route and purchased a donor truck for the running gear. It was a 92 suburban with a 5.7 TBI and 4L60. It had 150,000 miles on it. I drove it for about a month to make sure the engine was good then pulled it out. Had the transmission rebuilt and AA adapter put on it with a new flywheel and torque converter. Also went thru the engine and had new bearings, valve seals, oil pump, water pump, valve seals put in. New AC compressor, TBI throttle body, coil, distributor, plugs, plug wires, freeze plugs, all gaskets and seals replaced. New crankshaft pulley, Head bolts, RV cam from Comp Cams. I hate to sell it but life gets in the way.... Pretty firm on 8000.00.

The List:
New saginaw power steering with high steer.
FJ 60 front axle completely rebuilt with all New TRE and drag links, longfields, asin hubs, 4:10 gears, Arb locker. Disc brakes with slotted rotors.
Full float FJ 60 Rear axle completely rebuilt with all New Poly Performance axle, 4:10 gears, ARB locker, Brake shoes and wheel cylinders. Both axles have new stainless steel brake lines.
Front has a shackle reverse and moved 2.5" forward
Rear has been moved 3" back
New Mojave springs.
Rear cross member has been relocated and flipped 4" back.
HD Orion case # 41 only thing missing is the gear to go to transmission(had to use it on a buddy's truck and have not ordered a new one)
Frame Powder and Axles powder coated.
Complete Tub with no rust.
Factory soft top bows with a new Spector soft top.
Over seas Split windshield.
Fold down tailgate
Have many parts to complete including: Painless wire harness, ARB compressor, New emblems, Powder coated heater, brake pedals, New door hardware including window cranks, seals. See pictures for more.
Some items needed are Seats, seat frames, fuel tank, Body work, Paint, tires. The rims are brand new 15" steel wheels.
IMG_2702.JPG
IMG_2705.JPG
IMG_2706.JPG

Title in Hand.

This will be a awesome cruiser when finished it has all the best parts. Please feel free to PM with any questions.

am i missing something? 8k seems low. this thing is awesome. clean title?

edit: wife just said i could buy it... a little too far from me :(

Last edited:
am i missing something? 8k seems low. this thing is awesome. clean title?
Clean title... I know, I have way more invested but it needs to be finished and I don't have the time... It is going to be a great 40 one day!

Where was this when I was looking. Only a few hours from me. To bad I just torn mine apart for a frame off. GLWS

If i only had cash and a garage. That should sell quick. The axles and the t-case are almost worth the asking price.

Way to good of a deal to pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom