77 FJ40 - Slow & Steady Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Decided to finally try and clean up the OEM floor mat. Trying to get the rust stains out was tough, but using 303 spray and elbow grease has gotten me this far. I'll keep working at it. The tears are another issue.

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3124.JPG

Went and visited the Cruiser to see the progress on the re-build. Final fitting prior to paint, should be completed in about a month. Exciting to see the progress and the end in sight!

IMG_3126.JPG

Just found your thread. Awesome work you're doing. I just picked up a new project. It's a 77 and will be red. Love the rhino liner. Good work!

Just found your thread. Awesome work you're doing. I just picked up a new project. It's a 77 and will be red. Love the rhino liner. Good work!

Thanks for the compliments. Can't wait to follow your thread as well.

It's been awhile since I updated, the restoration process has been slow going but got the 2F back from the rebuilder and they did 20 Dyno runs to break it in. Pulled 205 hp and 260tq! Pistons, Cam, and fully balanced. Going FI once completed. All sheet metal fixed and primed, frame building and final paint in the works.

IMG_3707.JPG

IMG_3705.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

Progress has been made! Engine dropped in, bell housing powder coated, front axles rebuilt, rear brakes done and @Rainman brake lines installed. Next up, trans and transfer case re-builds and painting the body.

IMG_4270.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

Progress... yes. I think a bunch of people saw the video on IG of my 40 starting with the new Dakota Digital gauges and FiTech fuel injection. The Land Cruiser Shop is doing a great job with my build and I’m hoping it’ll be wrapped up this year. Final paint and assembly coming up.

3E60A9E2-8676-4333-BEA0-A7B69092F951.jpeg

125780ED-6888-4EA7-BBC2-DA8F140B12F4.jpeg

Nice thread! I am assuming the Landcruiser Shop was helping out out on some of this? Joe does a great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom