74 windshield seal question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After calling multiple shops that won’t reinstall my windshield, and waiting for 2 months for the guy that said he would and now is ignoring my calls...I’ve decided to do myself.

Question;
It was a 2 piece seal when I removed. The oem part has been superseded with 56122-60011. Dealer says fits 74. This correct? Will I need to cut it for proper length? Will I need a key as well? Thx!

it will fit the frame the just fine, BUT i think you'll need new glass...the keyed seals use smaller glass sizes.

as far as installing, its pretty simple. if the frame is off the truck you can do it alone, if it's still on the cruiser you'll a second set of hands.

do the shops give a reason for not wanting to install your windshield? chain shops?
try a local, 1 man shop or talk to 1 of the guys at the shops that won't do the work and see if he'll do it on the side after work or on a weekend.
new flat glass isn't expensive and any good glass shop can cut it.

Keep in mind, if you buy a windsheild and you crack it while you try to install it you have to buy another one. If you have a shop supply one and they crack it during installation, they'll most likely have to eat it, and supply another one.

I’ve literally called 10 shops and the one guy that’s done a bunch of work for me is AWOL. I’m only installing out of pure necessity at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom