72 FJ40 Procar Seat Install (1 Viewer)

Guster

SILVER Star
Here are some pics from the start of my Procar Pro-90 bucket seat install. Figured there might be some interest in seeing how their adapters mount. 72 FJ40 with a build date of 9/71, had the full passenger side bench seat.

Driver's side bottom
driver-bottom.JPG

Bottom of original driver side seat
driver-orig.JPG

Procar adapter mounted
driver-adapters.JPG

First try I mounted at the middle height setting. That setting was too high, steering wheel touching legs. Will need to grind down the circled tab to be able to mount at lowest height setting.

driver-tab.JPG

driver-installed.JPG

Guster

SILVER Star
Took apart the bench seat and will be able to use the adapters with some modification.

pass-side-top.JPG

Bolt holes on the side line up
pass-side-rail.JPG

I'll need to drill through the tube to mount the front or weld some tabs to the bottom. I'll use the rest of the bench mount for a center console at some point. The factory mounts are not destroyed if I ever want to go back to original.

procar1.jpg

Guster

SILVER Star
Without making any bracket changes the passenger side sits a decent amount higher than the driver side.

height.jpg

I think I'm going to cut the adapters at the red line front and back so it rests in the "pan" and then weld to the support tubes, not sure yet. I'll likely also cut the tabs on the seat mounts to get to the lowest seat setting.

pass.jpg

Without making any bracket changes the passenger side sits a decent amount higher than the driver side.

View attachment 2639523

I think I'm going to cut the adapters at the red line front and back so it rests in the "pan" and then weld to the support tubes, not sure yet. I'll likely also cut the tabs on the seat mounts to get to the lowest seat setting.

View attachment 2639526
where did you get these seats and brakets?

Guster

SILVER Star
where did you get these seats and brakets?

The Procar site:

Seats - Procar Pro-90 Seat | Procar by SCAT | Custom Seating Solutions - https://procarbyscat.com/product/pro-90-series-1300/
Adapters - Toyota Adapters | Procar by SCAT | Custom Seating Solutions - https://procarbyscat.com/product/toyota-adapter/

My plan for lowering the passenger side mount wasn't going to work so I'm likely going to just leave the passenger seat higher for now. If you don't want to hack up the passenger bench seat support I think the best way to get even seat height is a custom support for the passenger seat.

John Smith

In the garage
Hey Guster, Would you happen to have the measurement of the distance from the outer edge of the slider rails? Because of my roll cage I'm limited in what seats I can fit. Thanks!

1618261593437.jpeg

Guster

SILVER Star
Not exactly what I had originally planned but here are what my seats look like installed. If I ever want to go back to original it won't be too difficult. I cut the mounting tabs on the passenger seat so it mounts at the lowest height setting. The driver's side is at the highest setting on the front and middle setting on the back. The passenger seat is about 2.5" - 3" higher than the driver side.

seats.jpg

pass-mount-full.jpg

pass-mount.jpg

I had to cut the tabs to get to the lowest tab setting and it didn't really fit so I had to grind down the round part a bit. Not sure if I did something wrong or lack of quality from Procar but it ended up working out ok.

tab.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom