70s interchangeable part newer to older model's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20231122_183743.jpg

New guy here just picked this bad boy up 1991 hzj73. I'm new to all landcruiser so I was wondering is there new 70s interior parts that can fit older models like Mines thanks guys

Hello,

Check parts for HZJ76 trucks.

Juan

Thanks I'll check those parts out. Has anyone here done like a restomod on a 70-series just with modern interior maybe I could get some ideas how to approach it.
Odd Iron Off Road can at least help you with cup holder solutions. 😊

You don't like driving in a farm tractor?

The new 70s don’t come with much for luxury either. They are bare bones trucks and that’s what makes them awesome.

The cup holder extensions that mount to the door frames are a neat idea, but I find that they make an already narrow cab, even more crowded and uncomfortable. I got a coffee cup for Christmas one year that has a locking lid. That was the best 70 series interior upgrade in my opinion… but then again, I’m sure I haven’t seen every aftermarket cup holder idea on the market yet.

You don't like driving in a farm tractor?

Now let's be honest; driving a Lada is a better comparison to a farm tractor...unless the tractor has a suspension seat, in which case the Lada is much inferior.

Also there's that company that makes them super fancy door-speaker extensions with map pockets and cup holders.

Can we get those here? I'm pretty sure that I'm on an unmarked side-quest to de-ZX my entire interior - so I guess that's a restomod move - and I've been thinking about those panels. 🤔

A couple of thoughts on the topic at hand...

Whenever you do a restomod, you need to make sure that you're maintaining the lines and shapes, but filling in the spaces they create with modern-looking stuffs. So...if I was going that route, I'd look at reskinning the interior, probably making a more modern dash cluster display, and changing out the front dash controls to something that's clean and very digitized. Switches and bits from a modern Toyota would go a long way on those fronts. Seats can help a lot; similar lines, but better contours. Fresh carpet, definitely; the stock mid-pile stuff is very dated. And yeah, definitely look into the later series trucks as you're doing; there's no telling what fits and what doesn't. Oh, and change the shifter; everything from the early 90's absolutely screams "early 90's" and that's an easy area to update.

This is the best console I've found so far.
Has to be chopped to allow the parking brake lever to come down.
Wedge between shifter boot and inner front corners of seats.
Remove the handle to make a cell phone slot.
1701372081063.png

Now let's be honest; driving a Lada is a better comparison to a farm tractor...unless the tractor has a suspension seat, in which case the Lada is much inferior.

Can we get those here? I'm pretty sure that I'm on an unmarked side-quest to de-ZX my entire interior - so I guess that's a restomod move - and I've been thinking about those panels. 🤔

Whenever you do a restomod, you need to make sure that you're maintaining the lines and shapes, but filling in the spaces they create with modern-looking stuffs. So...if I was going that route, I'd look at reskinning the interior, probably making a more modern dash cluster display, and changing out the front dash controls to something that's clean and very digitized. Switches and bits from a modern Toyota would go a long way on those fronts. Seats can help a lot; similar lines, but better contours. Fresh carpet, definitely; the stock mid-pile stuff is very dated. And yeah, definitely look into the later series trucks as you're doing; there's no telling what fits and what doesn't. Oh, and change the shifter; everything from the early 90's absolutely screams "early 90's" and that's an easy

Whenever you do a restomod, you need to make sure that you're maintaining the lines and shapes, but filling in the spaces they create with modern-looking stuffs. So...if I was going that route, I'd look at reskinning the interior, probably making a more modern dash cluster display, and changing out the front dash controls to something that's clean and very digitized. Switches and bits from a modern Toyota would go a long way on those fronts. Seats can help a lot; similar lines, but better contours. Fresh carpet, definitely; the stock mid-pile stuff is very dated. And yeah, definitely look into the later series trucks as you're doing; there's no telling what fits and what doesn't. Oh, and change the shifter; everything from the early 90's absolutely screams "early 90's" and that's an easy area to update.
That's kinda the route I wanted to take, just to make something different. Before I got the truck, I was stalking around the forums and looking at some sick builds, but haven't seen anyone do a modern interior. I kinda like the look that rohmy has been doing with there interiors makes it look clean.

Thanks I'll check those parts out. Has anyone here done like a restomod on a 70-series just with modern interior maybe I could get some ideas how to approach it.

Hello,

As mentioned above, there is not much regarding fancy interior parts.

Nevertheless, keep in mind that most of pre-1999 parts are long discontinued. Some 1999-2006 parts are gone as well.

It is wise to look for parts from HZJ76/VDJ76/GRJ76 models from 2010 on.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom