Warning: For academic purposes only. I'm only showing the circuits I deleted on my build and is specific to my scope of work. Please do this at your own risk and double check everything before snipping. As the carpenter says, "measure twice, cut once".
I deleted the ECU, ABS ECU, Cruise Control and Auto Transmission modules and all controls/sensors on the engine. I will be using the EFI relay to run my radiator fans. Below is the wiring manual that I used along with my notes on what I retained and deleted. I'll also post photos of the FJZ80 vasectomy.
Wire color key pg 5
Fuel pump relay, abs relay pg 18
EFI relay >>>> cooling fan controls pg 18
ABS ECU, Crusie Control ECU, ECM pg 19
Electrical Wiring Routing pg 22-24, pg 30
I used the "find" function in microsoft edge to search all the connector codes of page 22-24, pg 30 and highlighted them in the document. Green = retained. Red = deleted
I will be editing this pdf this week and will upload a verision 2 this coming weekend with more info as I find all my notes
Lx450 wires deleted:
J 9 Junction Connector pg 54,55,62,69
D2 - Distributor pg 54
E1 - EGR Gas Temp. Sensor pg 61
I1 - Idle Air Control Valve pg 63
T1 - Throttle Position Sensor pg 62
H6 - H 6 Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 2)pg 63
D 1 Data Link Connector 1 (Diagnosis) pg
M1 - Mass Air Flow pg 62
A3 - A/T Fluid Temp. Sensor pg 62
H5 - H 5 Heated Oxygen Sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 1)pg 63
EZ1 - ENGINE WIRE AND VSV SUB WIRE (NEAR THE THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR)
I4 - I9 injector wires pg 60
K 1 Knock Sensor 1 pg 62
K 2 Knock Sensor 2pg 62
V 2 Vehicle Speed Sensor (Electronically Controlled transmission) pg130
E 2 Electronically Controlled Transmission Solenoid pg 130
EC2 - connector for V2 and E2 pg 31
E 3 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor pg 61
O 1 Oil Level Warning SW pg
C 3 Crankshaft Position Sensor pg
P 1 Park/Neutral Position SW
Wires to retain:
W 4 Water Temp. SW (A/C) pg 177 also show the ac clutch???????
W 3 Water Temp. Sender pg
V 1 Vehicle Speed Sensor (Combination Meter)
C 1 Center Diff. Lock Control Motor
C 2 Center Diff. Lock Indicator SW
Wires off P1 - starter , reverse
T 2 Transfer L4 Position SW
T 3 Transfer Neutral Position SW
Diagram of Engine Wire shown in the 1996 Landcruiser Electrical Wiring Diagram Manual.
Photo showing Engine Wire before circuit deletes.
Photo showing Engine Wire after circuit deletes.
Photo showing circuits deleted from engine wire.