66 Lincoln Continental build thread

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Everything rearward of the dash is wired. Interior has the first layer of sound deadener including the roof and doors. Some areas will get a second layer. Some will get an additional 5mm sound and thermal. I want it quiet and climate controlled like the Lexus.

2204.jpeg

Last edited:

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Kinda screwed up. I thought the harness ran down the outside of the wheel well, next to or on the inner quarter. Nope. When I was test fitting the interior panels it became obvious the harnesses ran in channels on the insides of the wheel wells. Pretty glad I left extra wire.

Got some zip ties with Christmas tree panel clips to fix the wires to the panels.

2209.jpeg

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Started on the dash. 2 layers of sound insulation and one of thermal. Got the Restomod Air Haymaker S finish bolted in. Hoses all ran and wiring all figured out. Wiring the power inputs and wiring the Dakota Digital dash required figuring out the power distribution. I mapped out the relay box and wired it up for horn, ignition, lights, fans and fuel pump.

Lost my 8' wiring table for a couple of days to eat turkey on. Had to take a few hours off to watch my Alma mater whip on some boys from
Ohio on Saturday.

Pulled the motor. Bolted down the mounts to the crossmember. Motor on stand for wiring the engine harness.

2725.jpeg

2724.jpeg

Last edited:

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Figured out what I'm gonna do with the 450sl as well. I'm going to try to keep the Mercedes engine, but replace the d-jetronic with a speeduino. I should prolly just start a new thread for that. I can't find much on a djet conversion, and nothing on a Benz, but I'm not scared to learn.

Speeduino might be a good way to swap toyota engines as well since there's not much that can be done with a stock PCM.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Offf!:hillbilly:

Need any more electrical tape?

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Regardless being invaded by the all time thread derailer of all time...

Fixed a few things I didn't like about the battery box, got the brake booster and master where I want them. Made some lines from the master to the combo valve. I thought about building an air box where the old heater box was. Mocked in the stock truck airbox to see what I would need to build. The plan was to use the intake of the airbox over the stock outlet from the cowl vent, which isn't used with the restomod air.

1st pic has the open hole with the still dirty vent outlet. 2nd pic is the mocked up, balanced on vise grips, airbox in place over the outlet

4529.jpeg

4526.jpeg

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Dropped the engine back in so i could know where plugs needed to go. Mounted up the LS1 water pump so I could install the A/C compressor. Turns out the A/C compressor sits right in my new battery tray. I think I have an idea to fix it.

Ordered a alt/ps bracket and mounted it up. New alternator, power steering pump with dual return reservoir and idler will be here next week.

I got a drive by wire PCM, module and pedal. Once I knew where the PCM was going to sit above the ds headlight I could terminate the pcm plugs. Mounted the ignition fuse box next to the holes for the factory fuel lines where the pcm harness runs. Orange wires are going to a power distribution center that's on its way. Everything from Amazon seems like it's a week out. It's a new version of the one on the fender.

5365.jpeg

5369.jpeg

5363.jpeg

5426.jpeg

Gumby

Supamod
s-Moderator
Got really warm here this week. The shop is heated, but only when I'm in there. The slab never gets warm. While it was above freezing I wanted to get some stuff done close to the ground. Ran a new rear brake line. The one I made while it was on the hoist got kinked. This time the master was in place so I ran it the whole way and tucked it up tight. Ran the fuel lines too. Ford ran them through the fender, but ran them to the front. I went in next to the master. Obviously, I need grommets still.

5876.jpeg

5874.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom