60 series....Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, that seems rich to me........

You can still click the link and see pics and ad
totalled 1990 62 (GX?)

Pics here

FDA315D1-E942-417E-B052-A403B78DBBE9.jpeg

East Brandon. Clicking along pretty good.

And smoked taillights...

Good grief.

Good grief.

Truly unreal. That said, it’s a nicely done vehicle and if you were paying Valley Hybrids to do all that work it would cost $80,000

Truly unreal. That said, it’s a nicely done vehicle and if you were paying Valley Hybrids to do all that work it would cost $80,000

Don’t think George would have been ok with repairing the frame with angle iron and random steel plate. Welds are questionable as well

Don’t think George would have been ok with repairing the frame with angle iron and random steel plate. Welds are questionable as well

I did not look close. Yikes.

There isn't much Toyota left of that one. Currie Axles, ORI Struts, GM drivetrane...

Just a 60 body on a "reportedly" 80 frame. I mean, I need to get better at cobbling stuff together. I mean the way these folks are going @wngrog's piggie would bring 6 figures.

Anybody have a spare split case they would let go? I need one with a 5th gear oiler provision to rebuild and attach to my h55 for my 60! I grabbed one and tore into it and realized it didnt have the provision for the oiler. I know I have it on my current split but leaving that unit together (hopefully) that way I can have one built out and attached to h55 for an easy quick swap out. I would like one with manual linkage so I dont have to worry with vacuum pod conversion.

Mounting item in rear bed?

I plan to get my friend to weld up a small rectangular frame, likely out of 2 by 2 square tubing or something similar, that generally is something the size of the main rectangular section of the rear bed behind the passenger 2nd row seat. The idea would be to mount this frame to the floor of the rear bed on my 60, then I would mount somewhat smaller size of plywood to serve as a deck and to the plywood I would mount my refrigerator slide, air compressor and anything else I might want to mount in the limited space left over, or add some eye-bolts for securing straps or web to secure misc things in the bed. I want to avoid multiple holes in the rear bed and hoping or looking to see if I can mount this frame to the bed with something like 4 holes or so. Not sure if I can use the holes from the rear seat belts or not. I can add mount points to the wood deck without concern and the wood deck would be removable without having to remove the 2*2 frame.

Anyway.... I'm concerned about the mount points at the rear bed floorboard. For those who have mounted refrigerator slides, or heavy storage drawer setups or something rather heavy...how did you mount / secure the item in question to the floor? Is it nothing more that say a 3/8 size bolt use some large washers to sandwich the floor board, or is that stupid and you need to do something beyond that to avoid damaging the floor board by having the bolt pull through if you were to roll or get your truck up at a significant angle. I don't look to be a rock star and roll the truck, just an example of i want the things mounted to the bed to stay put and stay secure.

I'm guessing the combined weight of the slide, the loaded refrigerator, and misc items would be about 200lb... other crap on top of that ...just guessing might bring the entire weight to be around 400lbs or so. I understand the 60 is not a rock crawler....I'm looking for a secure mount method to the floorboard that will hold the noted deck and items mounted to it securely.

want to avoid any potential for the bolts to pull through any holes I drill in the floorboard and to avoid any wallowing out of the bolt holes based on action of the bolts..etc, and the obvious ...have something secure that is going to stay put. Obviously I would use some type of large washer if simply using a bolt to secure to the floorboard.. On the top side of the bed I would use a large washer too, and would likely have a mount point made out of some reasonable thickness plate that is welded to the above mentioned frame.

not trying to over-think this or whatever....just don't want to learn how to do it "stupid" right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom