60 Rear Bumper build! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice job Keith!

Thanks for the link Rusty!
That is kinda sorta what I was thinking about, but that looks to be a little bit simpler design...or I should say not as much material as I was thinking.
I like it!

K

Nawce! your in the home stretch now..

I like the hellaified gansta lean on the tire , It looks like the same as mine (angle wise)

ken

I was thinking that you had the angle in yours too, but I wasnt sure!

K

I got the gas can situation figured out. Went and bought the material for it today. 3/16 in plate....I love that stuff!
Im gonna build it SIMILAR to the ones that Rusty linked, but the cans are gonna run in the direction of the swingout, and not sticking out away from the swingout. Its just seems better as more of the weight will be centred.
Im gonna work on it a bit tomorrow and Ill post pics for critique.

K

Got the beginnings of the jerry can rack tacked up...
3/16 in plate....HEAVY!
I had to cut it down some, and may even cut out more.
Also found that my S/O arm is out of level a bit...
Que sera...Im running that BEOTCH the way she sits!

Gimme some input. Im thinking about cutting some of the material out of the middle of the main body to shave some weight...Not that it will make a difference in the grand scheme.

Oh, BTW...I will be relocating the Lic. plate to the jerry can rack so it will be visible!

Thanks,

K
bumperbuild 030.jpg
bumperbuild 031.jpg
bumperbuild 032.jpg

I got two words for you...Speed Holes.

Get out the hole saw and start drilling 2" holes or something of that nature in a nice pattern. Gives you the weight savings and maintains the strength. Plus it looks good.

Jack

NAW , NAW!

Get that thing to the plasma or water jet and get a huge BLOTCH
cut into that thing!

DONE!

ken

Get out the hole saw and start drilling 2" holes or something of that nature in a nice pattern. Gives you the weight savings and maintains the strength. Plus it looks good.

Jack

Watcha gonna do about the lc plate?

ken

Well the swingouts are basically done to this point...
All that is left is to mount the gas shocks and the latch.
Just wanted to add that I got the latch and shocks from McMaster carr per Kens recommendation...
That place was awesome! the shocks were 18 a piece, and the latch was 28.00 for the 2K load.
Now Im gonna get started on the wrap around protection...Just gonna use some 2x2 and tie it into the frame.
However, I did really FAWK UP....when I finished the jerrry can basket, I decided to mount the tire to see what it all looks like. Well, the tire hit the cans..."OH SH*T!" Had to hack off the tire carrier and remount it...
Here is how it looks. there is only 1.5 in clearance between the tire and the can, but it works!

What a DUMB ASS!

Im about ready for this project to be OVER!

K
bumperbuild 033.jpg
bumperbuild 034.jpg

Jack

This is what I was thinking too!
Its a heavy MO FO for sure! Im thinking the basket weighs more than the tire carrier.

K

NAW , NAW!

Get that thing to the plasma or water jet and get a huge BLOTCH
cut into that thing!

DONE!

ken

HELLO.....60 series guy....one step above the mini truck guyz.....:rolleyes:

BTW, the lic. plate is going on the front of the jerry can basket.

K

AAaww come on dont deprive your self of your basic human rights.
It shouldnt cost that much....:meh:

BTW when are you gonna let that comment go? :grinpimp:

Looking great!

ken

AAaww come on dont deprive your self of your basic human rights.
It shouldnt cost that much....:meh:

BTW when are you gonna let that comment go? :grinpimp:

Looking great!

ken

Im NEVER gonna let that go cuz its TRUE!!!!:D

K

I saw Keith and his 62 at Sam's yesterday: His bumper looks REAL nice! Great job Keith!

I saw Keith and his 62 at Sam's yesterday: His bumper looks REAL nice! Great job Keith!

Thanks Espressodan!
Appreciate the props.

Almost done!

K

Ummm...what do you have going?

Jack
Just putting it back together. I did the water pump and looked at swapping my 2 position pulley for a three position pulley.
I had the bumper, grill and radiator off. Keith came over to help me get the bumper/winch back on. He's kind of frail and I hated to ask, but he does live close by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom