6.0L LS swap - adapter decision time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not exactly the same but I ran a Ramjet to a Ranger OD box to a H42 to a split case. In an FJ60 and I ran it hard. The H42 and split case was fine. H55 seen plenty of v8 and 4BT work as well.

I think you will be fine as long as you don’t try and drive it like a race car all the time. It might eat clutches faster than normal if you are hard on it as well.

Are you going to want to run it down the highway at 75+mph?

Cheers

Not 75+ for sure. I feel comfortable up to around 70 in my 40 now and that is limited by the suspension and wheelbase. I'm turning about 2600RPM at 70, so I could benefit from more OD, but no more than I'll be cruising at that speed I still think that's comfortable enough. I also don't want to shop around for a used Ranger box for months, waiting to move forward with my swap.

I run a vortec 350 with Marks Adapter. I liked this route because Everything is Toyota except the Engine and adapter. I have killed 3 or 4 transfer cases but have never hurt the adapter. It is tight upfront for a fan. I run an aluminum rad with a taurus fan. looking back I would have got the ranger just for the gearing options.

I run a vortec 350 with Marks Adapter. I liked this route because Everything is Toyota except the Engine and adapter. I have killed 3 or 4 transfer cases but have never hurt the adapter. It is tight upfront for a fan. I run an aluminum rad with a taurus fan. looking back I would have got the ranger just for the gearing options.

Thanks for the input!

I have been doing some reading and I've heard the Ranger straight cut gears are pretty loud when OD is engaged as well. Lord knows the last thing I need is additional noise.

Yes, but a cruiser case at 65 mph will be loud as well.

Indeed - mine is for sure with the 4:1 gears. Now I'm going to add a V8 rumble?!?! LOL. Blessed to have this as a hobby truck where stuff like that doesn't "really" matter, but certainly a consideration.

How did all this turn out?

I went with the Mark's kit and am pretty please with the end results :)

The 4:1 gears in the split case are loud af, but so is everything else about this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom