5th gen 4runner lifted! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

this will be a more expedition style rig. I have a hard core wheeler/crawler. my plan is to build and camp in something like this, and tow with the 4runner-

11951394_10206024628912841_8985962291933993180_n%20(1).jpg

this will be a more expedition style rig. I have a hard core wheeler/crawler. my plan is to build and camp in something like this, and tow with the 4runner-

11951394_10206024628912841_8985962291933993180_n%20(1).jpg

Dude, I love ya man but your time table on building things means that the kids will be having kids and you'll be drinking out of a straw. :flipoff2: Just buy an used unit and enjoy it while you're still young-ish. :deadhorse: Some things are worth building and enjoying the process, while others are worth simply purchasing and abusing, err, enjoying with the family.

On that note, let's freaking go camping already :bounce:

I get it. I have low motivation to build a truck for free that I won't ever drive. figuring on the trailer for a year or two down the line. I can build it for $2k or less and buying one is $8k or more.

on an up note, I got the mud tires on the 4runner today! she looks Purty! note the dusty tires...

IMG_0779.JPG

the front springs have already settled. it's got the factory rake that I wanted to keep. here's a side view for comparison.

IMG_0782.JPG

Looks great! Looks like you went with the Duratracs?

Jill is ready to wheel!

Wow, you went straight to 3" of lift, you ain't messing around pardner. Those SPC UCAs are $$$, NICE :cool: Liftetime Alignment from Firestone, here you come!

Very nice! What tire size did you go with?

Bumpers. I like the front grill and fog lights look. was thinking the hidden winch idea, like this-

Destrotrd-baja-designs-30-amber-single-row-2-e1503959662492.jpg

I dig this style. Simple. Incognito. Functional.

Better chat with @Dumpolina about the Firestone lifetime alignment.

Oh yeah? I just got my 4Runner setup with the lifetime...my steering wheel isn’t straight but you have to look hard to notice

those tires are the 285/70-17's that we had on the FJC, yes Duratrac's. about 50% tread left.

I will have to build bumpers for our 4Runner, I don’t really like anything out there.
So far Lisa has shut me down one cutting up a 2018 Limited but she will break down in time

I will have to build bumpers for our 4Runner, I don’t really like anything out there.
So far Lisa has shut me down one cutting up a 2018 Limited but she will break down in time

Atta boy, keep grinding her down.

so I got the lift delivered. thought, screw it, I'll pay someone to do it. $500 for labor...and they can't do it until mid week. I need to get this FJC on the market. so I started yesterday at noon. stopped just after dark with the Driver rear corner left and the diff drop. finished up today by noon after 3.5 hours. front is Fat Bob's Garage 3" adjustable and SPC adjustable Upper Control Arm(UCA). rear is 2.5-3" OME with Toytech shocks.

stock first-

View attachment 1785488

View attachment 1785490
Hey, long time no see. Still up in WA. but went with a new runner too.

Last edited:
I get it. I have low motivation to build a truck for free that I won't ever drive. figuring on the trailer for a year or two down the line. I can build it for $2k or less and buying one is $8k or more.

on an up note, I got the mud tires on the 4runner today! she looks Purty! note the dusty tires...

View attachment 1787278
Bro!! I didn't know you were on here! It's Josh. I'll call you tomorrow about a trailer!

How funny! I've been around here (mud/HDC mud) for 15 years or more. we talked about your trailer up at station 40. yours is more of a rooftop tent type correct?

Yes it is. 90% of the welding is done and most of the hard work is done.

Josh,
Did you introduce yourself and your rig on our intro thread? It's floating around on the main page somewhere.... I'm not sure if I've met you or not!

Nm group. Edit, saw your question about the Sequoia lifting question thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom