54mm Spindle/Axle/Hub Nut Socket (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota also has one that you can buy. It was around $25, 1/2 drive and great quality. I can dig mine out for the part number if anyone wants one.

that should be really nice ..

what I'm trying to figure it's which offer the best " tight " fit coz the one that I have ( from MAF ) it's not tight enough to my taste ..

I just used my Northern Tool one for my rebuild, and it fit great.

Just starting to go through my truck, starting with my brakes, and wanted to say thanks for the link!

Northern Tool and Equip. carries the 54MM sockets.

Yep, Northern Tool has the 54MM socket. This is an awesome community here @ ih8mud! Thanks guys!!

After learning about the option from this thread, I just purchased the Sears Craftsman 2- 1/8" socket with a 3/4 drive to 1/2 adapter for around $30 (for both pieces) on sale. It's stout and would certainly avoid the concerns over some versions being too flimsy... as has alreadly been stated; "love this site and community"! Thanks!

Thread Revival!
I've purchased this one many moons ago and stays in my on-board kit, BUT I forget what the three notches do aside from take strength away from loosing / tightening the nut. Anyone remember who was selling these and what the three notches are for?

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

Thread Revival!
I've purchased this one many moons ago and stays in my on-board kit, BUT I forget what the three notches do aside from take strength away from loosing / tightening the nut. Anyone remember who was selling these and what the three notches are for?

View attachment 2992562

View attachment 2992563
Wits-end used to sell modified 54mm hub nut sockets but currently does not due to supply issues. The notches allow you to use the socket on the front or rear hub nut.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom