5280's Paint Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow - Great results. Looking forward to the next group of pictures!

I got all the doors put on last night, but too dark for pictures,

It's getting the new front glass today, so hopefully i can take some more pics tonight.

more pics! After checking into the roller method all over the net, I must say yours is probably the best I have seen. More pics!!!

It's pretty much back together, all the doors are on, the emblems, wipers, marker lights, ect.

I had to get a New Hatch, which im painting now (long story), but i have taken more photos and will post them tonight!

OK,

More pics - Enjoy!

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Hawk man that just plain sweet you must be pretty pleased. Whats next?

Absolutely, You know i got it from my dad, and he is coming up to visit for Fathers day, he's going to Sh*t when he sees it!!!:D
I have a long list man,

the things im thinking about doing right now are..........

It needs a muffler and tail pipe to go to the emmissions shop so, that is the very next thing to happen.

THEN iT WILL BE LEGAL, AND I CAN WHEEL THE DANG THING!!!

After that I ithink i'll start on adding A/C.

But then it also needs -
New carpet/Seats (or covers)/Door panels/Headliner :rolleyes:
I'd like to De-smogg it some time.
It could use new Tires.
I want Bumpers for it ARB front, and who knows for the rear, maybe i'll try to FAB one.
Sliders
I have a Safari Rack that needs paint and some expanded metal base to put back on it.

and Wayyyyy in the future, i'm taking it to Tony in Texas for a 5.3L and a 5-Speed!!!!!

Last edited:
Perfect color choice, and it sure is turnin out purdy! It's prolly good that you don't charge yourself by the hour though, eh?

I'm just poking around in the paint section, came across this and just wanted to say GREAT job. Looks really nice, enjoy it.

Man that looks great!!! I'm going to have to back over this thread to double check on a few things, but I think I'm gona spif up my rig with a little paint until I get to the body work...the tub will be the last thing done on my resto!!!

Again...very nicely done!!

Haven't been in here in a while,

Thanks alot guys!

Your 60 looks great.

I have been planning on doing the exact same color scheme on my '82 60 but have a newbie question: Do you have to remove the doors/front fenders to paint? Does painting them lying flat make that big of a difference? I'm in the Army and time for me to do this is real limited AND its my daily driver. I desperately need to rebuild the engine so no $3,000 paint job for me. Thanks for the advice.

if you're in the army just bring it to the base and have them spray it with the paint for the HMMVV's.

It did help the paint lay flat and not run when the the panels were flat.

you can do it on the sides, but you have to be more careful with the paint.

The rig looks truley awesome. I'll bet you love the look on peoples faces when you tell them you rolled it on "You know- like you paint your house"!

SOOO- Here is the million dollar question: How many man hours do you estimate you have in this start to finish? If you say 20 or 20,000 it still looks great.

I have a wee bit more body isssues to take care of before I could attemt this, My rear quarters have good 4" peices of metal missing, but at least the frame and most of the body is solid (i think).

What did your dad think?

Hey!

My Dad Loved it! He was shocked.:D

I estimate my Man hours like this - mid Nov to end of May is 26 weeks

- probably an average of 10 hours per week, some weeks I did a lot less and some alot more-

So we'll say 260 hours. :eek:

Last edited:
Great job man! Looks awesome. I have got my 40 torn down to paint and this gives me options. I dont know if that is good thing. I plan on spraying it, I am afraid it wont look as good as yours however!! nice job on the thread as well!! thanks. Mark:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom