5000 Miles in 16 Days, A Wild West trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Volunteer

Bayou State Land Cruiser Association
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bslca.com
No wheeling on this one or at least the only kind you can do in a 3/4 ton tank :lol: I do hope to spend time on a couple of the pass roads where I can. I'm looking forward to a fun family road trip and vacation in arguably the most beautiful area in the country. I do wish I had a cruiser in tow somewhere behind the wife's mobile home but thats wishful thinking for this trip. Which makes this thread useless to most but for some that may contemplate making a similar trip my losses and gains may help in your planning or maybe it will just entertain you I'm sure we'll have some RV like moments along the way. Being the photo nut that I am you can be sure it'll be filled with pics I have both Sony DSLR's an assortment of lenses and two camcorders packed :D Any pointers on the route or any must see things we should check out please chime in. We'll be in Yellowstone for a week then head south through the Teton's to stay in the Rocky MTN National Park and Colorado Springs area for a week. If time permits while in Yellowstone we make a run at Mount Rushmore in SD.

The weather looks great :)

Yellowstone.jpg

image-433287718.jpg

Last edited:
that`s no step for a stepper:D

Bang Bang said:
Dang Larry! :eek: That's a trip and then some. When you are in CO, give Brian a call. Maybe he can give you some pointers on places to see (and he might be able to help you with a wheelin' fix :) )

Yea it'll require some windshield time but should be a great trip, will try to reach out to Brian I'm sure he'll have some good pointers on some sights we can check out.. Looks like we'll have a few guides that can help organize a trail riding trip next June want to check out the Telluride area looks awesome.

lostinafog said:
that`s no step for a stepper:D

LOL, I hope not I'm up for it right now I'll let you know in about 48hrs how I'm stepping :)

Dang Larry! :eek: That's a trip and then some. When you are in CO, give Brian a call. Maybe he can give you some pointers on places to see (and he might be able to help you with a wheelin' fix :) )

if you go Colorado: Mount Evans Road - highest paved road in the entire USA

I haven't made it up there yet myself (Michael did and raves about it) - whenever I was at the access road, it was the time of year it was closed :mad: - so take the oportunity this summer :bounce2:

Telluride area = awesome :beer:

if you go Colorado: Mount Evans Road - highest paved road in the entire USA

I haven't made it up there yet myself (Michael did and raves about it) - whenever I was at the access road, it was the time of year it was closed :mad: - so take the oportunity this summer :bounce2:

Thanks a bunch. Sounds like a must see, I'm printing the info now to take with me :)

Thats my kinda road :)

Colorado's Mount Evans Scenic Byway is the highest paved road in North America. As you would expect, the views up to Mount Evans are breathtaking, with alpine lakes, massive granite walls and stands of twisted, ancient bristlecone pine. Keep your eyes peeled for mountain goats and bighorn sheep.

• As the highest paved road in North America, Mount Evans Road rises to a height of 14,130 feet above sea level. Many clouds don't even make it that high, but you can.

Last edited:
Thats my kinda road :)

Colorado's Mount Evans Scenic Byway is the highest paved road in North America. As you would expect, the views up to Mount Evans are breathtaking, with alpine lakes, massive granite walls and stands of twisted, ancient bristlecone pine. Keep your eyes peeled for mountain goats and bighorn sheep.

• As the highest paved road in North America, Mount Evans Road rises to a height of 14,130 feet above sea level. Many clouds don't even make it that high, but you can.

This sounds like a must when in the area.:eek:

Telluride area = awesome :beer:

Will go back to spend a week in Telluride next summer from the articles I read its an easy sell :)

Having an awesome time in Yellowstone, no communication in the park buy nothing we can't live without. We're having perfect weather snowed on Wednesday but nothing heavy. Came into Cody, WY for trailer tires and supplies we'll be rolling out in the a.m. for the Grand Tetons. Hope you all had a good week.

image-2428387756.jpg

image-1725737593.jpg

should have bought them there tyres from 49 tire lol

Did ya at least get a pic of the Cody Wyoming sign. Glad ya having a great time

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

ya have to go & get your own:D

Sorry I missed the sign for you Cody, Paul I have the worst luck with trailer tires :( rolling on 4 new shoes hope they get me home no D or E rated to even order up here. In Fort Colin's for the Budweiser tour and some pics of the ponies sadly the whole area is covered in smoke by te 3 - 4000 acre fire near here with 35 mph gusts I don't see and end to it soon. Headed into the Rockies after the tour. You ALL have a great day. Bottom pic is the Grand Teton's yesterday.

image-2278369867.jpg

image-432027006.jpg

image-4223206505.jpg

Salute :)

image-2819923258.jpg

image-2351863617.jpg

image-571397942.jpg

Checked in at Cheyenne MTN State Park in Colorado Springs for the last leg of the trip. Climbed up to the Summit of Pikes Peak today glad I did the extra capacity tranny pan I put it to the test stopped 3/4 of the way up to let it cool down from 250 degrees it's been running in the 160/170 range towing during the day 130/140 at night but the Summit climb tests your tranny and the brakes on the way down even in 1st and 2nd gear.

image-3501930890.jpg

image-488274363.jpg

image-1158038014.jpg

I lived right there in Widefield as a kid and my dad was stationed in the NORAD complex in Cheyanne Mtn. Great memories! More than a few vehicles got destroyed on that climb to the top of Pikes Peak...

I lived right there in Widefield as a kid and my dad was stationed in the NORAD complex in Cheyanne Mtn. Great memories! More than a few vehicles got destroyed on that climb to the top of Pikes Peak...

ya talkin from personal experience :eek::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom