45swb project - 2short (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm thinking white for the color. A white with a tint of beige or gray to contrast just a little with the top and bezel, but the cruiser gods might be trying to give me a hint.

The truck was a metallic dark gray, but originally green.

The 78 FJ40 parts truck that gave the axles and some other little things was smurf blue, but originally green

The 72 FJ40 parts truck that gave the fenders was beige, but originally green

I'm starting to get a hint that it might be best if I painted it green.

I vote for Green or White. The green on my 40 is a stock color and is very cool. Especially with the brite white top and slightly grey factory color bezel..
But if you go White, I can put my company name on it and drive it in the parade full of beer in the bed. folks love beer and cruisers. Just saying..

the jack will be yellow this weekend. It is wire wheeled already. I couldnt sleep last night.

I vote for Green or White. The green on my 40 is a stock color and is very cool. Especially with the brite white top and slightly grey factory color bezel..
But if you go White, I can put my company name on it and drive it in the parade full of beer in the bed. folks love beer and cruisers. Just saying..

the jack will be yellow this weekend. It is wire wheeled already. I couldnt sleep last night.

Im sure I dont have to say this but....You did obtain the factory paint for that jack, right?

if it comes from the Ace in a rattle can, i have it!

Been a while with no pics because body filler doesn't look good no matter how good it might be, and, frankly, I'm not all that good at it. It takes me a while.

I got the filler pretty close and I got the last of the floor welding done pre-fitment so I shot the interior with SE primer and DP90LF. I ended up shooting the rest too because I had cut through the primer while doing the filler.
IMG_0436.jpg
IMG_0437.jpg
IMG_0438.jpg

In order to get the floor done I had to put the body back on the frame. I'm glad I did because the floor support hit the transfer case pretty bad. I cut the floor support out , but didn't start modifying the floor, so the body isn't perfectly on the mounts yet.
IMG_0443.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0446.jpg

4rnr's slow ass came by for a while. He worked on the tailgate.

The truck came with a fiberglass gate, but it looks way too hard to get all the hardware mounted so we're fixing the stock one. He cut out all the lace on the bottom and made some pretty spanky patches.
IMG_0439.jpg

Looking real good Todd. You are getting a lot done in a short time.

I sandblasted the tailgate, fenders, w/s frame, and grill this morning.

There are little spots to fix on everything except the grill, but nothing that should take too long.

Doors and hood don't need any repairs. They are too flat to sandblast so I'll strip those back other ways.

Great job Todd, if I remember you said early on that you might need another front axle housing. I have one here you can have, its just a bare housing but is in good shape, I stole the third out of it when I broke my pinion last year. I can diliver it the weekend of 7-8 if you need it.

Also wondering if you want to get rid of the hysteer you have, and how much?

Slacker

:rolleyes:

Patches done on both fenders and the w/s frame. That pretty much finishes up the welding on the front clip.
flipped the front springs. Rear springs are being a giant PIA.
Positioned Scout box where it needs to be in a more stock application.
Cut the scab panel for the p/s mount.

but, yeah, being without a right arm sucks monkey balls.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom