45's in the winter pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anchorage, Alaska
1967 FJ-45

upload_2017-1-16_20-6-27.png

That old gal is cooooold. I spent some time up in Alaska and the old FJ40 were many at the time and did well in the harsh winters. Nice

My old 77 before it was sold then got a lipstick resto and flipped on ebay....

Man that almost looks like my old beast when I first got it.

Well if a FJ45 did anything as in work in the snow, the old 82 did good today. As the name love2fly would tell someone I am into flying, so at our local airport as a lot of places around the US and the world right now we got hammered with plenty of wonderful snow :bang:. The picture shows our hangar that has been block with snow now for a couple of weeks. The red line shows were the height of the snow was that was up against the door that slid off the roof keeping us from opening it due to most of the snow is now solid ice, and I know some of you have had to deal with that, what a pain. Cannot get a plow in close as it would push it against the door and crush the metal, and no one wants to pick ax snow. Well the old 45 PTO winch came into play, we trenched an area between the door and the snow/ice and rolled out some cable and inserted the cable into the trench and looped it back to the 45 bumper hook. Reeled it in and after three successful cuts using the cable like a cheese slicer were we able to open the bi-fold door with a little shoving, very little. The old beast did well along with the PTO winch, working in the snow.:bounce:

Oh yeah the last pass cut I broke the sheer pin on the PTO - surprised it lasted this long now to find a new one or two.

working in the snow.jpg

Kinda hard to go get some "altitude therapy" when you can't get the hangar door open.....the shear pins are still available from Toyota. If not, I have one I can send you.

Mark

Don't drive mine much in the winter, the locker in the front has tendency to stay locked and she doesn't steer too well in traffic like that...

P1050100.JPG

P1050139.JPG

cppilot, thanks for the offer but I have a few on order now with Toyota, thanks.
Hey Owyhee I was thinking that you went south for the winter, yeah that looks like what we got-you need to warm up those old gals.

Last edited:
No 'snowbirding' for me, I head up to the ski hill as often as I can. I started them both up that day (think that was two week ago, but it may have been around Xmas) and drove them around a bit. The 55 needed a jump, but the 45 fired right up.

Crusty, where have you been hiding mate? Very confused as I know oz has snow, but that is a strange sight to see a troopy buried in snow!

Crusty, where have you been hiding mate? Very confused as I know oz has snow, but that is a strange sight to see a troopy buried in snow!

lol... not hiding mate. pic is old, troopy is an aussie import but location was vancouver island. i should have never sold that '84... i still miss it.

cheers
crusty

We all make mistakes, been there - done that. Nice rig.
Stay ah.. cool

The sturgis area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom