45LV headliner question/pic request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

c2dfj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.c2dusa.com
Getting ready to have my interior guys install my headliner.....was wondering if anyone had a good detail pic of how the headliner/wood strip/welting goes. I have a fuzzy pic from when we took one of my LVs apart but I can't tell what it looked like.

I have an SOR headliner that I got with one of my other LVs....it only has the welting that goes between the wood and the metal body...looks like there is a piece that covers the wood strip according to SORs site. Probably need to order that from them....although I'm sure the interior guys could make a trim piece pretty easy. Making the wood tack strips however.....that will probably be my project...and a wood worker I am not.

Any insight would be mucho appreciated.

Last edited:
Nobody has a pic they can share? Maybe nobody has a headliner?

I won the SOR headliner on this board. I paid a local upholstery shop to install it. Pretty sure they did not use the wood tack strip. They glued the headliner on the edges and then covered that with the welting. Sorry no pix though.
Not the answers you were looking for but it's all I got.

Thanks JackA but the new SOR kit I got is different from the old one I had. One of the strips has a piece of plastic in it that you use to screw to the truck, then you cover it with the second one....totally different than what I have which was for the wood most likely. I'm sure my interior guys will figure it out....I was just thinking ahead to whether or not I was going to have to fab up wood. Which is not something I am good at!

Headliner wood and welting '67LV

STP_2456.jpg

STP_2457.jpg

Last edited:
It does Scott....thanks. That's the way I figured it must have worked based on my crappy pics but I couldn't figure out what was missing with the older SOR top that I got with another truck. Now I know.

Scheduled for interior work on July 2nd. We'll see how they do.

I'm sure it's good for more than just a headliner reference pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom