40's ONLY Run... 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So with Covid19 still lingering this is an unofficial non-club sponsored run. Please join at your own risk and comfort level.

It is time to figure out a 40's ONLY run. Any 4x series can join, BJ40's, 45's, 47's, 43's, HJ47's, LV's... heck we'll let a FJ25 slide. However, no 60's, 80's, 100's, 200's, and especially no FJC's and heaven forbid a Montero or Land Rover shows up at the trail head. :D Let's get that classic iron out on the trail.

I am proposing a mid July (11-12 or 18-19) run on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday) to make it possible for our friends who live a little further to plan to attend. Another thought is to join the Dark Horse Fathers Day car show (if it still happens) and then head out for a trail run afterwards... it's usually winding down by noon. It'd be fun to stack a bunch of 40's there.

Something easy like Ringing Rocks, Sure Shot Lakes, Tobacco Roots or similar. Something a stocker can handle and gets us out for the day with good highway access. I'd like to stay in the Bozeman-ish area... +/- 1.5 hours for both Billings and Helena folks joining.

So I am calling all 40's! Chime in as to dates/days that work for you and your likelihood of joining...
Spread the word, I have two 40 owners in my neighborhood but aren't involved in the club. Going to see if I can entice them to join once we land on a date.

Last edited:
July is a no-go for me for any wheeling, I'm heading to the Bob for two weeks to chase trout, fathers day weekend MIGHT be doable though.

Definitely interested though.

I'm out for this summer. I sold my freeborn red 78 FJ40 back to the original owner. He decided he couldn't live without it. I recently bought a 70 FJ40 but it won't be trail/road worthy until next summer.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 9.56.53 AM.png

Ben...
false_dar_960x.jpg

...all 40s are trail worthy, no matter the condition. You are badly mistaken. See you on the trail in July.

Ben...
false_dar_960x.jpg

...all 40s are trail worthy, no matter the condition. You are badly mistaken. See you on the trail in July.

Hahaha. Love The Office. Well, unless you want to pull me up the trail, it's not going to happen. I'm in the process of pulling the drivetrain and "modernizing" it. :)

all of July is out for me, I'll be working out of town most of the month 6 days a week.

Good evening drew, sounds like if we do this in july it's going to be me and you. If we say august wonder if that would make a difference. summers are short

Good evening drew, sounds like if we do this in july it's going to be me and you. If we say august wonder if that would make a difference. summers are short

Sounds good to me... I would need it to happen the first two weekends in August though as campus ramps up (hopefully) by mid August for me.

I'm good for the 11-12 and the 17 but the 18th is out looking forward to the run cheers, Larry let me know which one

I'm out for this summer. I sold my freeborn red 78 FJ40 back to the original owner. He decided he couldn't live without it. I recently bought a 70 FJ40 but it won't be trail/road worthy until next summer.

View attachment 2304945
That one doesn't happen to originally be from Ennis, does it?

Looks like this?
No, there was an old early model blue 40 that I admired in a field for years in Ennis, just north of town on the east side of 287. Looked almost identical to the pic that @cuwallace2 posted. Someone bought it (or at least it left that field) around 2014 or 2015. I’ve got a pic somewhere that I should find. I always wonder where these things end up.

No, there was an old early model blue 40 that I admired in a field for years in Ennis, just north of town on the east side of 287. Looked almost identical to the pic that @cuwallace2 posted. Someone bought it (or at least it left that field) around 2014 or 2015. I’ve got a pic somewhere that I should find. I always wonder where these things end up.

I'm not sure. I bought it from a guy here in Bozeman. It's possible though. From what I've been told it's always been a "local" truck originally bought in Bozeman. The original owner died (not sure when) and the guy I bought it from picked it up from his family and never titled it. I'm not sure when he bought it. I bought it from him with the original title so it was technically still a one owner truck. I don't remember the address on the original title (I might have a picture somewhere). Got it for $3,500 which I think was a pretty good deal.

I'm not sure. I bought it from a guy here in Bozeman. It's possible though. From what I've been told it's always been a "local" truck originally bought in Bozeman. The original owner died (not sure when) and the guy I bought it from picked it up from his family and never titled it. I'm not sure when he bought it. I bought it from him with the original title so it was technically still a one owner truck. I don't remember the address on the original title (I might have a picture somewhere). Got it for $3,500 which I think was a pretty good deal.
I also just remembered...the one in Ennis had the factory radio to the lower left of the steering wheel. I’d never seen it there before. Maybe that’s the determining factor?

When it was in the field did it have this huge front bumper on it?
IMG_2141.jpg

I also just remembered...the one in Ennis had the factory radio to the lower left of the steering wheel. I’d never seen it there before. Maybe that’s the determining factor?
No stereo in mine. Just a few unassigned wires hanging. Still possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom