4' Lift Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do these 4" Lift Leafs allow the Axle Housing to come in contact with the original Bump Stops on full compression?

Anyone used a 3 stage 4 Leaf Pack? - Like what's on the front and rear of the Asia Rocsta and on the rear of the Proton Arena(Jumbuck) and Tata Telcoline.

When I first flexed mine out with 31's on an rti ramp of dirt (cheaper than steal :D). I got mine pretty close to the bumpstops, if not touching, IIRC.

Skyjacker told me today if you have a hard top then their 4 inch lifts have to have a rear ad a leaf. If not they will start sagging. Iam also looking for a 4 1/2 inch lift for my 72 FJ 40. Wat about JT Outfitters lift.

Have any of you guys heard anything about he CCOT "hell for stout" suspension? Thanks.

[quote author=KS link=board=1;threadid=5559;start=msg44319#msg44319 date=1064376048]
Skyjacker told me today if you have a hard top then their 4 inch lifts have to have a rear ad a leaf. If not they will start sagging. Iam also looking for a 4 1/2 inch lift for my 72 FJ 40. Wat about JT Outfitters lift.
[/quote]
I'm getting ready to put my hardtop back on, we'll see. I've had 300#'s of sand in the back of my truck for a while with zero sagging.

I looked on the 4wheelparts site and it seems like the skyjacker 4" kit was paired up with eliminator shocks. Called the reps over in the houston store and they said that dont last that long.... im suspecting that their just trying to get me to buy something more expensive since the retail store quoted something way off base than what was on the website. Anyone running the eliminator shocks? How are they??

Unfortunately everyone has differant opinions on suspension lifts.

I have heard many good things about the Skyjacker lift from many people. for the price it is tough to beat.

I run Man-A-Fre and up until I FINALLY got them broken in I was very UNhappy with them, now that they are suitable I cannot wait to get the rears off and get my Welder so I cant put the stock FJ-55s on the back SOA.

When push comes to shove, there is no way you can go wong with OME, while more expensive, the company has proven there worth.

What else is done to your 67? You may want to consider spending money on other upgrades before smacking a lift on there. your front axle is a pos, for $400-$600 you could get a complete 30 spline large birfield disc front axle on there, You could then purchase an adapter from Man-it-aint-free or another to run a power brake booster.

For that money, if you posess welding skills and patience you could put Saginaw Power steering on there.

These are 2 things that I think would go alot further in making your 40 a much more enjoyable beast on or off-road.

Look at all of your options, dont cut corners and keep an open and patient mind when deciding on your first step.

Dan
:)

stop messing around and do a SOA stock sping ride you can never duplicate with any other leaf spring,save money on buying the springs,get more articulation,you can even put no 38.s(i have 35,s)and you still dont have to have a sway bar, so spend the money on turning your knuckles not on new stiff springs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom