3FE Owners Check-In (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just purchased a new Bible, I’m new to fj80’s but growing up we had one of these for every car we owned, (this or chiltons) I’m not sure how handy it will be if parts become the issue, but it’s nice to have a baseline reference for torque specs, etc.

IMG_4781.jpeg

Just purchased a new Bible, I’m new to fj80’s but growing up we had one of these for every car we owned, (this or chiltons) I’m not sure how handy it will be if parts become the issue, but it’s nice to have a baseline reference for torque specs, etc.

View attachment 3575890

this is one of the first solid long term investments you can ever possibly make ... :) :wrench: :wrench:

the 2nd solid one is below , only ever invest in a real paper print media phone book size spec, 1 or the volume 1 and volume 2 if applicable on any toyota

the term PDF = sketchy and often incomplete and also often mixed modle years too , i have seen both many times is why i tell you this now ,,is not only my opinion , its a verifable fact you can google and faq check your self ,

Ebay is great place for both oem toyota types ,

however i have see cheap knock offs of the usa re prints , and sor .s own in house reprints too ,,,,

if unsure on any counterfeit fsm or part it self too for that matter ,to now a days , post the ebay link here for example and simply ask for a 2nd opinion , you will get plenty too , which is why i suggest this to you ...:D

,you need to know this is the why here :idea:

depending on your modle year , below are the other 2 choices .....

anywhere you can find the green and black original made in JAPAN toyota material handling , and the later TOYOTA oem usa reprints too ,

SOR.com is the only 3rd place if the 2 above do not pan out for you for any reason , the reprint there own ones , incorporate front back and side spine heavy duty plastic covers too

nobody on planet earth ever did this then or now in 2024

only TOYOTA did both type , but no longer makes the usa based print paper re-prints , they are very dam close to the green and black japon made printed ones too ......!

see tech pics below , note each toyota publication # on the modle year you need too , compare to any pre owned once , good habit to know and use , i use it 24/7 on any oem paper print media product toyota ever made too ...

1709861449901.jpeg

This is the exact reason I have been pursuing an affordable high quality re-print to offer. We just got our sample from a Toyota Authorized company and excited to go through it, If it works out we should have it on our site soon enough to share here. 🤞

this is one of the first solid long term investments you can ever possibly make ... :) :wrench: :wrench:

the 2nd solid one is below , only ever invest in a real paper print media phone book size spec, 1 or the volume 1 and volume 2 if applicable on any toyota

the term PDF = sketchy and often incomplete and also often mixed modle years too , i have seen both many times is why i tell you this now ,,is not only my opinion , its a verifable fact you can google and faq check your self ,

however i have see cheap knock offs of the usa re prints , and sor .s own in house reprints too ,,,,

if unsure on any counterfeit fsm or part it self too for that matter ,to now a days , post the ebay link here for example and simply ask for a 2nd opinion , you will get plenty too , which is why i suggest this to you ...:D

anywhere you can find the green and black original made in JAPAN toyota material handling , and the later TOYOTA oem usa reprints too ,

SOR.com is the only 3rd place if the 2 above do not pan out for you for any reason , the reprint there own ones , incorporate front back and side spine heavy duty plastic covers too

only TOYOTA did both type , but no longer makes the usa based print paper re-prints , they are very dam close to the green and black japon made printed ones too ......!

see tech pics below , note each toyota publication # on the modle year you need too , compare to any pre owned once , good habit to know and use , i use it 24/7 on any oem paper print media product toyota ever made too ...

View attachment 3576597

This is the exact reason I have been pursuing an affordable high quality re-print to offer. We just got our sample from a Toyota Authorized company and excited to go through it, If it works out we should have it on our site soon enough to share here. 🤞

i was not aware of your store name / link also in your AVATAR above :)

will your re-print have a form of heavy duty from , spine & back covers similar to the OEM originals ?

i bookmarked as well here below

- i tried to add myself to your newsletter feed list , but it would not let me > ....fyi

can't wait to see your new OEM re-print offerings !

thanks
matt

if you post photos of the harness side female connector plug , both ends please ....
this is what you refer to as the
ends to splice together ?

i am fairly certain these are the 2 rascals here below , but we want to be sure ...

matt

View attachment 3575020

IMG_0255.jpeg

View attachment 3576597
Is this one Legit? Fairly spendy, but maybe worth it.

your keen alert awareness factor at all times while Durchgangsphase any Land Cruiser part has served you well ....

most excellent mr wisky....:cool:

zero in on the
qty sold 18 and qty remaining 4 too ...

- combined with the 3-D photo-shop front cover image only here ..........100% a home-office type mega-size table top Office Depot printer ....

the pages inside will be common white paper , nothing special ....

the front and back covers ?

- i have seen these re-print bandits do a neat full color glossy photo paper , then heat press laminated on the kitchen island using the 8 1/2" x 11" version of my T-TEN dorm-room-size-spec State of Wisconsin fake ID Empire i had going on when i was also under age 21 too ,.....

- if your making a snappy cover system for your
Sh#tty-PDF Olive-green / Black cover system , one would think it would be proudly displayed below as well ?

- this is one concrete text-book example , among more then a hand-full to NEVER ever even click a PDF Land Cruiser icon in a pinch for any reason ....

- those files , get copy and pasted and downloaded so many many freaking times , that having the wrong modle year land cruiser entire volume in between your Ghetto-Grade stand alone PDF for the VECTOR files K-MART 3-D photo shop ones happens often .....

- i have seen more then one land cruiser pdf here on mud that that the front cover said for example : 2F Engine , and the 3-D color cover art was the dessert tan .....8/80-9-87 FJ60 and 8/80-10/83 FJ40 ....

- to find then that the early Grey 2F FSM 1/75 - 7/80 Fj40 FJ55

- PDF Files were both intermingled in random hodge-podge way , you could flip the page and the nest step by step was for the FJ55 ,. and the page just prior was the FJ60 you are working at the moment .....

so this is the WHY factor on why i hate the letters . :mad:
P D F :mad:

1711966991163.png

here is what i suggest ..... , i have more then a few of the SOR Re-Print FSM's , and will always continue to consider them a equal first choice if a real oem toyota one can;'t be had when i need it most ....

221-621991 REPAIR MANUAL
1991 engine and chassis. 1030 pages total - 2 bound volumes. Reprint.
On Sale - Everyone gets the Discounted Price on this part.
Prop 65 Caution WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
$130.00

1711968733424.png

N Is this one Legit? Fairly spendy, but maybe worth it.

i will ask everyone here in 3FE / 3F-E check in Tech Thread , to please take a moment when you pass by here ......

- Review my general Tech. question below in
Yellow Ink , then post any thoughts or facts you know on this topic also ...

- Tech-Question :
what are the differences between the FJ80L-GNPNEA 1991 3FE FJ80 USA Spec. & the FJ80L-GNPNEA 1992 3FE FJ80 USA Spec. ?

-

1711969691808.png

1711969704969.png

Last edited:
ok , i will go first here and post my thought on the tech question below :

- i have no idea , what is different on the 91 FJ80L-GNPNEA v/s 92 FJ80L-GNPNEA ...

1711971586051.jpeg
...... ........
1711971567192.jpeg

Question for the 3FE guru's does this sound normal or a thermostat issue? Am I just being OCD because now i have a gauge to look at? The factory dash gauge has always stayed right in the middle (once warmed up)

I really wanted to know what coolant temp was actually running at on the 3FE 80, I decided to go with the koso gauge. The small digital read out is perfect for a quick glance.
The truck has always run fine, I've had no cooling problems to mention. Now with that said I finished the install and let the truck warm up in the shop for a few, all while waiting the numbers rise on the gauge. Took it out for a 30ish min drive and the hottest it would get while driving 169*, this is moving at 60 mph with the ambient temp around 56*. Drove it home and proceeded to let it run in the driveway at idle for another 20-30 mins, hottest I saw was 174* So it running cool ( better than hot ) I'm starting to wonder if the thermostat is stuck open but again this is kinda a case of "creating a problem out of nothing"

What do y'all think?

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_0006.jpeg

Question for the 3FE guru's does this sound normal or a thermostat issue? Am I just being OCD because now i have a gauge to look at? The factory dash gauge has always stayed right in the middle (once warmed up)

I really wanted to know what coolant temp was actually running at on the 3FE 80, I decided to go with the koso gauge. The small digital read out is perfect for a quick glance.
The truck has always run fine, I've had no cooling problems to mention. Now with that said I finished the install and let the truck warm up in the shop for a few, all while waiting the numbers rise on the gauge. Took it out for a 30ish min drive and the hottest it would get while driving 169*, this is moving at 60 mph with the ambient temp around 56*. Drove it home and proceeded to let it run in the driveway at idle for another 20-30 mins, hottest I saw was 174* So it running cool ( better than hot ) I'm starting to wonder if the thermostat is stuck open but again this is kinda a case of "creating a problem out of nothing"

What do y'all think?

View attachment 3597210

View attachment 3597211
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your sensor location is exactly where mine is as well. I found the sensor is prone to heat soak a bit when the engine is running for an extended period of time, so i wrap it with some heat resistant sleeve and it is better. Here is a pic. of my 2 kosos side by side.

20220806_161707.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your sensor location is exactly where mine is as well. I found the sensor is prone to heat soak a bit when the engine is running for an extended period of time, so i wrap it with some heat resistant sleeve and it is better. Here is a pic. of my 2 kosos side by side.
awesome, I appreciate the response Marco, what are you typically seeing temp wise out of yours? i assume your second is trans temp?

awesome, I appreciate the response Marco, what are you typically seeing temp wise out of yours? i assume your second is trans temp?
Currently i am running a dual elec. fan setup with a PWM fan controller, and i have yet to see my temp gets over 195F on long climbs. and 175-180F on normal stop and go traffic condition. I am OK with the temp readings and have the ability to adjust fan speed is a game changer. My previous setup w/ the same alum. radiator , a modified green hub with 15k oil and tuning, i would avg. 187-190F, and around 210 or so on long hill climbs, which is acceptable as well.
Yes, the other reading is for the tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom