30th Anniversary campout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
August 6-8, 2021

Well with state opening up we have booked the Coon Creek group campsite for the club. This will be to celebrate 30 years of amazing off-roading and friends. There is a limit when it comes down to the amount of vehicles in the camp site but there are yellow post sites just down from the camp spot. We are going to have some pre planned runs and pot luck for the Saturday night events. Due to the limit of vehicle we can have at the camp spot please only request to camp in the group spot if your are for SURE going to come. As we get closer I will update this thread for more info. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

****UPDATE*****

Food choice had been made, Smoking a brisket and pork butt. Now is the time to post on what you want to bring for sides to share potluck...I mean BnT style!!! I'll update this list as food choices come in. Additionally, Below that will be the names of those who have committed to coming and we will be camping in the spot. We are limited on spots so we can still use the yellow post sites next to it. There will be three runs scheduled for Saturday with a half day trek (Pretty easy)lead by @Tylerh84 , All day trek ( moderate) led by @Cruiser Bauers , and a half day to 3/4 day trail led by @Justsendit. Sign ups below as well.

Radio Freqs- 146.490 pri
146.595 sec

FOOD List

1. @Cruiser Bauers Potato salad
2. @elripster Pasta salad
3. @JMC25 bacon wrapped asparagus or corn.
4. @guardcompany hawaiian rolls, salad (the lettuce kind) and cookies
5. @1FZj80 El Nopalito chips, salsa and guacamole
6. @crusherboy fried rice
7. @Bud_Dude fruit salad
8. @Surfoverland Potato salad and cookies
9. @BMinSD salsa and tortillas
10. @Loober Bourbon
11. @Justsendit Chorizo Mac and Cheese

Camping

1. @Cruiser Bauers
2. @elripster
3. @Tylerh84
4. @Justsendit
5. @MTN RNR
6. @Phulcrum
7. @Loober
8. @BMinSD
9. @crusherboy
10. @1FZj80
11. @guardcompany

Trails

Half day with Tyler- Back side of Big Bear around to top of the world and back to camp. Should be about 4 hours, fairly easy with great views. Map coming soon.
1. @JMC25
2. @guardcompany

All day with Jeff- Leave camp and head to Coxey Truck Trail RD, Power Line trail to Santa Rosa Rd then back in to the forest via Grapevine Canyon Rd. Back via 3n16 and 3n09 and back to camp via road.
1. @Bud_Dude
2. @1FZj80
3. @crusherboy

Half day with Justin- Justin???
1. @elripster
2. @MTN RNR
3. @Phulcrum
4. @Loober
5. @BMinSD

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• half-day-with-tyler.gpx
    234.7 KB · Views: 168
  • full-day-with-jeff.gpx
    269.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
In!

Fixed

Great news and I'm a solid 90% on being there even if at a nearby yellow post ... as long as we're back from whatever family vacation trip by then.
And just like that I'm out... :oops:
But it's a good thing, we just scored tickets for the Folks Festival in Lyons CO which is the same weekend and will be camping along the St Vrain river, something we haven't been able to get back to for 20 years...

Hi Guys, if there are any more open spots I am a for sure for this. Please let me know if I need to find a yellow spot or another campground. Either way will be up there that weekend with the kids. What trails do you plan to run?

Noah

Reactions: KTP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom