Builds 3 days and 3300 miles later (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First and second place I hope?? :D

First and second place I hope?? :D

If they would have had a, "Landcruiser" class.....I would have won hands down :D

Use irfanview or photshop or some other photo software to resize your pics. Windows has a built in accessory that does it as well. Some software has a "resize for internet" button that may do it.

A search for "resizing pictures" ,or something similar, on mud should provide better instructions.

Holly crap, you just drove to 100 mile house and back from N, MN you gotta be kidding me. I live in WA and have been up there a couple of times. Thats a long drive. Jay

Haven't posted much in a while, but figured I better post up some pics.

These pics were from a couple weeks ago. Went to another car show in a town about 45 miles away.....it was, "Moose Fest" weekend :D

Nothing different or special...I have been driving the truck quite a bit, so it takes an hour or so to get it washed that morning and cleaned up for a show. Of course had the wife drive down the LV. Pretty decent turn out, about 70 cars for a small show. Lots of fun as always answering questions and listening to people talk about them. The 45 lpb won 2nd place, about 7 other trucks were there.

Few pics of some other cars and stuff. The last couple are of I think, a John Deer, powered can crusher. The guy fired it up and it sat there smoked and puffed along. He had a cage that held the cans and then a ram on a large gear that rolled around slowly. As it pulled back a can would drop in and then it would come forward to crush the can. It would roll back and as the ram pulled back 1 can would drop down onto a little conveyor belt and another can would drop in.....I loved it!!!

Actually heading to another car show on Saturday, more of the red neck show where they do burn outs on the State Hwy. :grinpimp:
Matt
MVC-012S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-017S.JPG

more
MVC-010S.JPG
MVC-014S.JPG
MVC-015S.JPG

last 3
MVC-013S.JPG
MVC-006S.JPG
MVC-008S.JPG

1 other pic I took.

Guy had a pimped out AMX that he drag raced, this was absolutely mint!! He had a custom built baby seat roll cage in the back. Tied into the the frame at 6 points, frame was bent up and Tig welded together.

I talked to the guy for a bit...said he wanted to drag race with the kid safely in the back ;p
MVC-021S.JPG

Hey Matt, congrats on the award on the FJ45! I still come back to these pages over and over to see how you did a certain thing while slowly working on mine.

The AMX child seat is cool but I love the automatic can crusher! The owner/builder was a person with too much time on their hands or someone with a LOT of drinking buddies! :D

Duh just looked again and the thing has been converted to run on propane! That's even cooler!

["a John Deer, powered can crusher. The guy fired it up and it sat there smoked and puffed along. He had a cage that held the cans and then a ram on a large gear that rolled around slowly. As it pulled back a can would drop in and then it would come forward to crush the can. It would roll back and as the ram pulled back 1 can would drop down onto a little conveyor belt and another can would drop in.....I loved it!!!"]

...when I thought you were kidding, there was the picture! That's what happens when a tinkerer has too much free time in his hands...

Wow, took me 3 nights to read the whole thread. All I can say is "wow"

super inspirational reading.

Matt, write a book, make a dvd, or go with the new venue "YouTube"

Thanks

Not to sound like everybody else but, WOW!!. Really nice work. I have often been accused of being way too anal retentive, having too many tools and being able to fix "anything" but you are truly awesome. You are also able to perform the work much quicker than i ever could. Thanks for letting us be a part and also being a motivator. I have a '66 45 that I will be using as a daily driver. I won't restore it though. I just want to give it a mini make-over.

Again, thanks.

Took me over a week in my spare time to get through the whole thing, great thread, amazing skills, and a very cool truck when you were all finished! Hard to believe nobody commented in this thread for over 5 years!

Took me over a week in my spare time to get through the whole thing, great thread, amazing skills, and a very cool truck when you were all finished! Hard to believe nobody commented in this thread for over 5 years!

Who knows, maybe it will be another 5 years....or 7? Thanks for reading and commenting.

Matt

C'mon Matt,

Now that it seems that you are alive. What is the state of play with the troop carrier?

Cheers,

Ben

Or the Lamborghini!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom