2UZ-FE into FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody point me to a good write up?

I know the DURO4x4 guys did it. With a manual 5speed.

Motor mounts are the obvious problem, and electrical. How the hell would one get the FE to run in a primitive rig, and what about O2 censors, computer, and the like?

I think Slee has done this swap. To do it you will need a complete donor vehicle so you can pull the wiring harness, computers, etc. off. One thing to consider is that in the US the 2UZ only came mated to an automatic.

I want to do the same with my 60. I know Duro used a aftermarket ECU made by Haltech. And for the tranny, you can use the 5speed manuel out of the 105 series cuz it was behind the 2uzfe, over seas model. Idk if ita a H model tranny. if it is you could just use the bell housing from the 105 series and put a hf55 tranny. Hope this helps. :cheers:

H55 won't fit behind a 2UZ. H151 and the H150 are the only manuals that will mate up to a 2UZ, neither of which are available in the US.

It would be interesting to know if Australian spec Cruisers have the same emissions equipment we do. If so, that would mean you could simply get an ECU out of a wrecked 100 with a 5 speed and you'd be good to go with a manual.

It would be nice to run that engine (2uz) with triple side draft Mikuni carbs. It would be a beast!

Dynosoar:zilla:

my biggest concern is the wiring harness... i dont know if that part of the swap would be worth the hassle; it seems the prices on the engine arent too bad.

If the engine does not have throttle by wire and VVT, then it could be run by a basic aftermarket ECU (haltech/MS/DIY-FI...) & harness w/ no emissions stuff.

thought all 2UZ are DBW as a gas pedal .. the diference that will make your life complicated it's the VVTI version with the transponder in the key ..

What would you like to know? I'm gathering the parts to put one in my 40, my buddy has one in his truggy.

Last edited:
What would you like to know? I'm gathering the parts to put one in my 40, my buddy has one in his truggy.

pitfalls...

things to look out for.

what about all the fxxxing sensors and other things?

huet1.jpg

monsterville838.jpg

This was a 1UZ and fitted to a 79 Cruiser - If that can be done then I am sure it can be fitted in a 60

Write up Here : http://www.landcruiserclub.co.za/cm...opic&t=38700&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Last edited:
The wiring harness is pretty much independent, so you just about plug s*** in if you are using the auto that came behind it. You can put a manual in back of it but i'm not read up on specifics to make it run right as neither my buddy or I decided to go that avenue. Check our Lextreme for all that nonsense.

As far as items of concern that I can think of:

-03 and up is drive by wire, so, you will need a pedal. Or, wiring harness, computer and throttle body out of 02 and down.
-you will need to buy an landcruiser oilpan (fj100), most likely directly from toyota as they are very hard to find salvage $$$
-If you use the auto it would also be wise to get a landcruiser pan for it.
-The oil filter is in an obnoxious place, use a relocator.
-i'm putting my atlas behind it, advanced makes an adapter, or I could find a junk jeep aw4 and swap tail parts and bolt it straight up. (they are essentially the same trans)
-Marlin makes an adapter to put a truck tcase behind the trans it if you want dual cases.
-If you want to run a mechanical fan, you will need one off a 2UZ, it spins backwards, no other toyota fan spins that direction that we have found.
-Physically, the engine is big, its a wide V engine with DOC, so making it fit might be challenging.

That's all I can think of, its no harder than any other swap, actually, its probably easier than a LSX swap.

pitfalls...

things to look out for.

what about all the fxxxing sensors and other things?

cool! thanks! i will do more research then, not positive i want to tackle it... but making the 60 more driveable.

If you want a V8 it would be alot easier to drop in a 350. They're a dime a dozen and the process is well documented. And you have more choice about what trans to run.

If you want a V8 it would be alot easier to drop in a 350. They're a dime a dozen and the process is well documented. And you have more choice about what trans to run.

i dont want chevy junk in my Cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom