2H Turbo Question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I have a 1984 HJ47 with the 2H, and am considering the pros and cons of adding a turbo. This truck climbs like a Mountain Goat off road, but struggles up grades at highway speeds. All the discussions seem to focus on whether or not the 2H is capable of handling the boost. I think it will do okay in that department, if the boost is kept low, and one doesn't drive it like you stole it. But my question is more about the fuel pump: are any changes needed there? What about the governor; as I understand it, the diaphragm in the governor works off of manifold vacuum, so obviously with a turbo, you have pressure rather than vacuum, so it isn't clear in my mind what unintended consequences I may see with the addition of a turbo.
Thinking of a Denso, BTW.

hwzt. lots of guys turbo the 2H, but the issue is the fact that the 2H is an indirect injection motor, so it doesnt like being turbo'd. yes it can be and work great, but you are potentially weakening the engine around the precups.

to be honest, the best place to post this up is in the diesel section. ton of people there who know what they're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom