2H Exhaust manifold fliped ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DEtailed pic of the adapter ..

main.php

here is the height

main.php

as you can apreciate in this view is still under the hood .. at the same level with the intake

main.php

With the hood closed ..

main.php

Other view

main.php

Tomorrow need to do some little things here in the office .. but after that I will be in the garage and see what happend with the engine .. luckily ready to start with the down pipe ..

I was busy with Tencha .. jajajaja sorry I promise pics for this weekend .. the Turbo it's almost ready along with piping ..

How much hood clearance do you have? Worried at all about hitting it when the engine rocks?

How much hood clearance do you have? Worried at all about hitting it when the engine rocks?

I'm not worried about the hood clearance .. didn't take a exact measurement now, but sure more than 6" of clearance .. I will take anote about this when I'm back on the garage on saturday ..

Any updates?

I can see that the air cleaner will be re-located to the right side, but what will you do with the battery tray?

mmm sorry my bad .. I've been not pass at the garage in a few weeks .. I hope this weekend have time to go and see how it's coming the project ..

Still strategic planning, though I'm pretty sure turbo is the route i will be taking. I have a Bandeirante power steering gearbox in the stock location, and the power head on it takes up an awful lot of space. So, the idea of putting the turbo up high with a flipped manifold seems to be a good direction. If that means that the air cleaner can't be used in its stock location, then either I will have to go with a Dobinson's mounted out on the fender, or with an aftermarket air cleaner that can be tucked into place somewhere. I'm not sure i would want to relocate the battery and re-configure the wiring, but that is of course another option.

I'd like to get a hold of a dead 12H-T engine for parts. For one thing, it would be nice to bolt the crankcase web stiffener plate from the 12H-T into the 2H. It would be even nicer to retro-fit piston skirt cooling nozzles, though I also understand that there are alternative piston designs that tolerate higher temperatures and make the piston skirt cooling unnecessary.

My engine has just over 300,000 km, so i know it is a borderline candidate and that the turbo will likely shorten the remaining life of the engine somewhat, but the benefits of the turbo seem too great to ignore.

Please excuse the thread hi-jack!

Still strategic planning, though I'm pretty sure turbo is the route i will be taking. I have a Bandeirante power steering gearbox in the stock location, and the power head on it takes up an awful lot of space. So, the idea of putting the turbo up high with a flipped manifold seems to be a good direction. If that means that the air cleaner can't be used in its stock location, then either I will have to go with a Dobinson's mounted out on the fender, or with an aftermarket air cleaner that can be tucked into place somewhere. I'm not sure i would want to relocate the battery and re-configure the wiring, but that is of course another option.

I'd like to get a hold of a dead 12H-T engine for parts. For one thing, it would be nice to bolt the crankcase web stiffener plate from the 12H-T into the 2H. It would be even nicer to retro-fit piston skirt cooling nozzles, though I also understand that there are alternative piston designs that tolerate higher temperatures and make the piston skirt cooling unnecessary.

My engine has just over 300,000 km, so i know it is a borderline candidate and that the turbo will likely shorten the remaining life of the engine somewhat, but the benefits of the turbo seem too great to ignore.

Please excuse the thread hi-jack!

The 12HT pistons have a "hole" in them... Like a spoon... This gives the 12HT lower compression..
I know people that have run 2H turboes with way too much boost (no wastegate, min. 17psi) 100 000 km's without any issues..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom