2H and EDIC Questions HELP! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What harm would be done by not utilizing the over-inject phase of the EDIC system?

No issue at all with losing overinject.. its only there to assist with cold starts... I've started mine at -2deg C without the overinject and had no issues. My 2H has been running for years with a simple stop cable and an oil pressure buzzer.

No issue at all with losing overinject.. its only there to assist with cold starts... I've started mine at -2deg C without the overinject and had no issues. My 2H has been running for years with a simple stop cable and an oil pressure buzzer.

Can you share some pics of your manual stop cable set up?

Can you share some pics of your manual stop cable set up?

Sure.. a variety of images associated with running a stop cable can be found here: EDIC Cable

A few caveats:
  • You should hook up a low oil pressure buzzer given that you're going to lose the equivalent EDIC shutoff function (see images)
  • You need to be aware that the 2H can start up backwards if you stall in a forward gear and roll backwards - normally the EDIC will sort this out when oil pressure is lost. When this happens your air intake becomes your new exhaust system and you have 4 reverse gears and only 1 forward gear
  • Normally the engine is left in the shutoff position when parked, mostly when a stop cable is implemented the cable returns to the RUN position after the operator has stopped the engine. This has risks if the vehicle rolls forward on a hill after being parked.

Post photos and it'll be much easier to answer your questions DD.

I agree with Jan that having to permanently use "stalling" as the method of stopping your engine will be bad long-term. (But I understand your reluctance to have to lift the hood each time too.)

The EDIC relay should sense when your key is turned off and react by getting your EDIC motor to move your EDIC arm to the "fuel off" position. .. (I think you'll probably find your EDIC arm has been removed by your PO to disable your EDIC system. This is what a lot of people do when their EDIC systems develop faults that they don't want to be bothered fixing.)

You have a fuel pump attached to your injector pump and no other "feed pump" should be needed.

:beer:
My land cruiser bj60 wagon don't have the Edic motor & the Edic arm... Just modified using a cable same as a cable brake to pull to make the engine stop... The cable is connected to the fuel pump... I hope you understand what i mean 😅 ... Is it my car okay without using the Edic motor?

. Is it my car okay without using the Edic motor?

Just fine.. no substantial problems at all. Read my 3 points a few posts above that explains the only 3 issues that not having an EDIC may cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom