2H - Alternator swap and other minor issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Indestructible 47

SILVER Star
Threads
hey guys,

I need your thoughts on a new alternator for my 2h. I need a 90+ preferably over 100A alternator. this is because I plan on running a pair of Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 250w Halogen spotties (freaking awesome lights).
now just got the phone to one of the designers, (great bloke, really helpful), and he said that the factory 80A alternator won't cut the mustard, so that had me thinking, what could I do about it?
the 2h is in an aus spec 82 HJ47 ute, so has the vacuum pump on the back of the alternator. is there any way that I could swap a later alternator on? think they are all 80A though? interested to know what you guys think.

FYI - the lights are 500w in total. they run 24 volt globes so you have to run a 12 - 24 volt converter on each light. but WOW, these lights kick anything I've ever seen and only cost $990. aus dollars.
Link: FYRLYT Driving Lights superior to any HID or LED regardless of price.

cheers

The standard alternator is 55amp in the 2h and the biggest I know of in Australia is 80 amp but you could fit a larger alternator with out the pump and then wire in a electric vacuum pump. It's a lot of work just to run some driving lights in my book.

electric vacuum pump never works for me ..

I did upgrade my factory alt ( 60 amps ) with a Hyundai galloper unit ( 120 amps ) with vacuum pump attached and internally regulated, almost bolt on upgrade .. but since I wanted more, I did upgrade again with a DC Power unit ( 200 amps ) basic 3RZ model ... again almost bolt on ..

If you are willing to make some adapters, mods here and there .. you can do what ever you want, the wiring of the modern units internally regulated, it's pretty easy.

yeah agree with you @ozcrusier i don't wanna cause too much heartache for myself. currently running an 80 amp at the moment, it's just not going to be enough though.

@Tapage - that looks great! could you post links or pics of the DC unit, 200amps would be very nice, more lights and other things;)
i wonder if i can get one of those here is aus......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom