2F to 2H swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

runnin'!

Almost finished, a few last things to wire and so on... should have the exhaust welded up tonight (thanks John:))

All told, I am about seven/twelve hour days into this along with about twenty hours from John....... and it runs and drives:beer:

just finished welding up the exhaust, and jeff just left...man does that thing sound good with the exhaust hooked up:grinpimp:

i think the loose ends will be tied up soon, but its a running and driving truck...im jealous:cool:

good job jeff, hopefully the mileage is a bit better than the 2f...if not ya still have the cool factor:beer:

just finished welding up the exhaust, and jeff just left...man does that thing sound good with the exhaust hooked up:grinpimp:

i think the loose ends will be tied up soon, but its a running and driving truck...im jealous:cool:

good job jeff, hopefully the mileage is a bit better than the 2f...if not ya still have the cool factor:beer:

Very cool...

Looking a plane tickets tonight...:beer:

So where are the pics?

I am currently installing a 12HT.I used the SOR HJ47 engine brackets and rubber mounts on my 1982 FJ40.

My engine has a power steering pump also. The '47 mount did not have a power steering bolt tab. I was concerned about the extra mechanical stress on the mounting bolts into the injection pump.
I went to the trouble of cutting the ear off of the ol HJ61 passenger side p/s tab and welding it to the HJ47 mount using a high-nickel content welding rod. It was a couple of hours of work but it looks factory now that it's done. If you want a picture of it, I can post one later on request.

So you also need to buy HJ45 or 47 engine mounts to match. You also loose one bolt that holds the PS pump where it mounts on the engine bracket but that no big deal.
Also you need to get the gearbox cross member mount from a Hj45 or HJ47 as well which bolts onto the chasis, you can get away with using the 60 series cross member but the side arms of the brackets are a little higher but they are usable

So the change over involves a 2H motor, the older style engine brackets from a HJ45 or 47, engine mounts to match, 2H bell housing and the 4 speed gearbox to match as well as that cross member.
PS. If your FJ40 is a later model and your chasis engine mounts are not right up the front and you need to cut and weld make sure the engine does not hit the firewall because that is where you need to start from.

"The '47 mount did not have a power steering bolt tab"

mine does...will take a picture today. I imagine it's pretty rare mount, as the EPC doesn't list any power steering options for the 47series with 2H.

You gotta post up some pics of the 12HT into a 40!!

where'd you get the B99 from jeff??...i know there's that place up in white deer by airgas, but i didnt think they would sell fuel in small quantities, i thought they only sold to fleet trucks, and people that bought large quantities

I went up there and bought one tank..... and I am going to get the 300 gal. tote so I can fill the 60 and the underground tank for our oil burner furnace. You are welcome to run up there with me.... cool place, nice guy, he also has waste veggie oil at times....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom