295/70/18 with 2 inch lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
like the title says, can you put 295/70/18s on lc200 with 2 inch lift. Say OME? Im thinking about going ironman foam pro tbh. Please any and all inputs would be appreciated. :)

I can only speak to this if you are going to off-road that setup.

Unless you are limiting your uptravel with extending your bump stops. A lift doesn't buy you clearance, it just buys you time until you make tire and body work collide.

So again, just for if you will off road it and not limiting up travel, measure your clearance with your stock tire, and see if you have the space for the larger one.

Being on stock suspension is a great way to easily see what your suspension will be like when compressing off-road with something like a 2" lift.

like the title says, can you put 295/70/18s on lc200 with 2 inch lift. Say OME? Im thinking about going ironman foam pro tbh. Please any and all inputs would be appreciated. :)
What wheels would you roll that size tire on? I roll 285/70 R18's and it's tight, those tires would be about a half inch taller than mine!
i-pBhxWFP-X2.jpg
i-SNR2md4-X2.jpg

305's here but it requires just right offset and spacers plus a fair chunk of cutting of the inner liners and still have a light scrub against the Icon arms...

Do you really feel like you need to go 10mm (<1/2" wider)? Are you looking for more height than the 285/70? What about 285/75?

there are none. 295/65/18

Unless you are limiting your uptravel with extending your bump stops. A lift doesn't buy you clearance, it just buys you time until you make tire and body work collide.

So again, just for if you will off road it and not limiting up travel, measure your clearance with your stock tire, and see if you have the space for the larger one.

Being on stock suspension is a great way to easily see what your suspension will be like when compressing off-road with something like a 2" lift.

I go to Hidden Falls on a monthly basis. I traded my 06 v8 4g 4runner 4x4 for the 200 land cruiser. My 4runner ran front and rear 5100 with 275 70 18 and daystar 1.5 rears (I think I'm the only one that likes the Toyota rake on my lifts).
I also have a 94 Fjz80 with ome heavy 2inch with 315 75 16. Really love the land cruiser.

So yes the reason I bought my land cruiser is to take it off road. Hidden Falls in Marble Falls or Big Bend in Texas. I don't see myself going to Utah or so in the near future.

I see tundra going 295 70 18 with trd pro wheels. I picked up a set of trd pro wheels and wanted to see if that would be possible. I really would love to know if there is a solid big tire to put on a 2 inch lift with no rubs or cuttings.
All the forums show that anything above 285 65 18, 275 65 18, and 275 70 18 are safe bets but they will look tiny on a 2 inch lift.

Just want solid big tire that will 100 percent have no rubs and cutting that is bigger!!!! :)

I was close to 3.5" of lift running 285/75 17. Rock warriors have a 50mm backspace;TRD pro's run 60, RS6toFJ80 had 10mm spacers made. At 50mm offset, the tires cleared the SPC upper control arms without issue.
To clear the body mount behind the tire, the alignment had to be set so that the wheel is pushed forward. This will make sense if you look at the installation instructions for the SPC arms.
The plastic in the front is easy to trim and move, there are several threads on it. check out MScruiser's combination of spacers and Ironman FCP shocks.

there are none. 295/65/18

I go to Hidden Falls on a monthly basis. I traded my 06 v8 4g 4runner 4x4 for the 200 land cruiser. My 4runner ran front and rear 5100 with 275 70 18 and daystar 1.5 rears (I think I'm the only one that likes the Toyota rake on my lifts).
I also have a 94 Fjz80 with ome heavy 2inch with 315 75 16. Really love the land cruiser.

So yes the reason I bought my land cruiser is to take it off road. Hidden Falls in Marble Falls or Big Bend in Texas. I don't see myself going to Utah or so in the near future.

I see tundra going 295 70 18 with trd pro wheels. I picked up a set of trd pro wheels and wanted to see if that would be possible. I really would love to know if there is a solid big tire to put on a 2 inch lift with no rubs or cuttings.
All the forums show that anything above 285 65 18, 275 65 18, and 275 70 18 are safe bets but they will look tiny on a 2 inch lift.

Just want solid big tire that will 100 percent have no rubs and cutting that is bigger!!!! :)
I only mention the "off-road" thing because we all change these vehicle for different reasons, some for enjoyment on road, some for enjoyment off-road. Wasn't sure which one you wanted to do.

I grew up immediately east and a mile off the Mexican boarder of big bend so very familiar with the area.

So my 295/70r17 on rock warriors rub just enough on the right side of the sway bar. I believe the TRD Pro wheel are 50mm offset also, so there is no way you are going to fit that tire and wheel combo. Tundras don't have KDSS sway bars that take up a bit more space, not to mention a bit more flared of a fender at the lowest point.

You need to do a wheel spec like @kreiten has at a minimum, and then I think it will still be tight or possibly still rub.

Last edited:
are you planning to do the tundra front conversion as you do the lift ?

E

are you planning to do the tundra front conversion as you do the lift ?

E
I was thinking about that and did some research. Ive read @justdifferentials build thread and what he did. I believe he may had to do some trimming as well. Seems like the kdss is a big factor on being unable to put 35s on the 200 cruiser.

Now the conundrum comes with deciding the lift and cost. If you do tundra long travel set up than the oem axles, lower arms, etc will be $1400 at my cost. Then upper control arm and the bilstein 6112+5160 is additional $2500. I already spent $1200 to get trd pro tundra wheels and tires from someone local. Then new tires and new spare tires and wheels. I'm not trying to be cheap but if I spend all that money on this tundra lift or any lift, to me it's important to know or have support that a certain lift build route would work on a certain tire size objective. From my homework and being a Toyota sales manager employee it seems the biggest cost difference will be from buying the tundra components at $1400 compared to buying OME or ironman. I know king, radflo, and icon makes them too but its more than what I want to spend esp if their valve life is 20-50k miles. If I can save $1400, why not right?

I'm going mad! MAaaaAAAD!!!! I tell ya!

Happy to let anyone in TExas drive my rig should they be in houston area - and I am in NOLA and Dallas / Ausitn every 1-2 months....

it's for sure spendy to do the tundra kit and related extras but I love the end result.... stable at speed and predictible yet capable and fits in a 34.8 " tire.....

E

Happy to let anyone in TExas drive my rig should they be in houston area - and I am in NOLA and Dallas / Ausitn every 1-2 months....

it's for sure spendy to do the tundra kit and related extras but I love the end result.... stable at speed and predictible yet capable and fits in a 34.8 " tire.....

E
Just curious to know if changing the front bumper one of the reasons for allowing a bigger tire?

Just curious to know if changing the front bumper one of the reasons for allowing a bigger tire?
If you change the front bumper it just removes the section of inner fender lining that you would have to cut out, so unfortunately that won't solve most of your clearance problems IMO. A couple things to keep in mind that make it hard to run big tires on the 200 series. The KDSS is a double whammy! The KDSS bar will need to be relocated a bit if you plan to run anything bigger then about a 34 inch tire(Slee sells a bracket and we are trying to get someone to make a reshaped bar that would allow for more clearance) But the KDSS also gives this rig so much flex that unless you put in bigger bump stops it will simple flex a bigger tire right into the body. It's all about what you want to accomplish and what you are willing to give up. We have guys rolling 35's and 37's on here, it's possible, just a matter of how far ya want to take your rig man. Hope this helps,
i-S46GfV5-X2.jpg

Last edited:
The front bumper along with the tundra conversion do allow more room out from the kdss and removes the issue on the front end. But you have trimming to do on the rear end and there is a bracket that I had to hammer flat plus a seam that took a bfh to tuck Back in.....

I suspect without the tundra part smaller 35's are the max

That said not sure there is any gain over 35's other then pioneering..... and gears are for sure needed beyond 35's

If you change the front bumper it just removes the section of inner fender lining that you would have to cut out, so unfortunately that won't solve most of your clearance problems IMO. A couple things to keep in mind that make it hard to run big tires on the 200 series. The KDSS is a double whammy! The KDSS bar will need to be relocated a bit if you plan to run anything bigger then about a 34 inch tire(Slee sells a bracket and we are trying to get someone to make a reshaped bar that would allow for more clearance) But the KDSS also gives this rig so much flex that unless you put in bigger bump stops it will simple flex a bigger tire right into the body. It's all about what you want to accomplish and what you are willing to give up. We have guys rolling 35's and 37's on here, it's possible, just a matter of how far ya want to take your rig man. Hope this helps,
View attachment 1426103

Thanks for everyone's input as this really helps a lot. With what you are saying, so would that mean if i do a 2 inch lift than 285/75/18 would work? or 295/70/18? The 295 has a 11.6 width and a 34.3 inch tire. The 285/75/18 will be 11.2 and 34.8. I think from all the response and the chart that 285/75/18 will fit but need some cutting.

IMG_0225.JPG

Here is a 33.5" tall tire. Notice the clearance to the sway bar. I have a couple more pictures on my build thread that is linked in the signature block, on page 2 at the bottom.

With anything 34" or higher and with the wheels you want to run, you will need to move to relocate the KDSS bar forward, just so you know with a ARB bumper, the KDSS relocation will not work with that winch bar's mounting brackets so cutting and welding in a reinforcement would need to happen.

I'm looking at switching to a 285/75r17, and that is going to be extremely close, but I'm going to try it. With you bring an inch taller that that, no... neither of those tires will fit without KDSS relocation and some fender splash guard cutting.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's input as this really helps a lot. With what you are saying, so would that mean if i do a 2 inch lift than 285/75/18 would work? or 295/70/18? The 295 has a 11.6 width and a 34.3 inch tire. The 285/75/18 will be 11.2 and 34.8. I think from all the response and the chart that 285/75/18 will fit but need some cutting.
Like Taco said you will def have to relocate your KDSS bar and do a lot of cutting to run a 285/75 R18, plus you will most likely have to run bigger bump stops if you plan on going off road to control the tires upward movement or that size tire will likely remodel your fenders. The below pic is my 285/70 R18 stuffed in the fender, it fits and does not rub but there is no extra room at all.
i-MdqPbtS-X3.jpg

I would be running with Tundra TRD pro wheels. I believe its 60mm offsets.

I read your thread with the iron man set up. Sick cruiser bro!!! :)
thanks for the props on the rig man! The setup you are looking to run(TRD wheels and 285/75 R18's) is def doable IMO, ya just gotta do a couple mods first! i.e. KDSS relocation bracket, bigger bump stops, sawsal and a six pack of beer, you got this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom