2024 GX/Prado Release and Discussion (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they call it the Armada or Patrol over there (pretty much the same vehicle, mostly I'm just curious). The one knock on the Armada in the USA is that it supposedly has a less robust rear drivetrain than the Patrol does elsewhere. But again, for 99% of use, it really doesn't matter and it's hard to ignore the price difference. The Infiniti QX80 sibling is also available here if one wants nicer leather and is still priced pretty reasonably.
It's the patrol, they also have the boxy patrol safari which the locals love to hammer around traffic circles banging their rev limiters.

From what I gather being in a few different patrol/armada groups is the main difference is that the patrol ships with essentially an elocker and craw control where as the armada has limited slip with a toyota like abs based system.

the only downside is that I think alot of this stuff has to be sources from austrailia as I don't think many people in the US view them as viable.

It could not be any clearer that the 2024 GX and 2024 LC will share a great deal. The only problem is figuring out ahead of time which one they will screw up less lol

Yeah, there is going to be a lot of overlap in their midsize lineup.

It will be interesting to see how they position the 4R/GX/LC against each other. I tend to like larger vehicles, but would consider a midsize vehicle if its interesting.

For Example,
The 4runner is cool but has lack luster drive train and center display unit.
The GX addresses the drive train issue but doesn't offer an off road variant.

Although I am not a big fan of Fords, especially first generation fords, The new Bronco is interesting and can be ordered in anyway the customer wants. You want a no frills soft top base model, its available, you want a hard top raptor, its available.

I would like to see toyota take a similar approach with their LC vs just changing up the headlights and grill, and calling it good.

And Ford doesn't force Lincoln down your throat to get the better engines or performance. Sometimes I forget Lincoln still exists. Toyota is off the mark forcing the performance engines to come with Lexus models when the performance engines are just the normal mid-segment engines for everyone else. If I had to go to Lexus for an 800hp TTv8 - sure. It's low production high performance engine. But a basic TTv6? It's not a halo engine to withhold from normal vehicles. In the Bronco it's a $1,895 price bump from the Turbo 4 (that's already significantly more powerful than Toyota's turbo 4). Not tied to a $30k trim upgrade and a Lexus badge. I hope the new CEO recognizes the problem and opens up the model range.

I don't expect Toyota to ever build something like a Bronco DR. But if Toyota is going to try to compete in that space - at least give us some base models with decent engines and also something comparable to Sasquatch package. The top end of performance on the Toyota version can't expect to sell if it's not even matching what you get on a base model Bronco.

have you guys seen this video?

The new sequoia has 3 radiators, 3 cooling systems, 2 air boxes, 2 MAFs. cooling channels between the cylinders. The complexity is absolutely off the charts. I pray this is not how new Toyota 4x4s vehicles will be from here on out. I might have to keep my 240k miles 100 series forever....

Reminds me of the arguments about the 100 when it came out. Many of us with old FJ60s thought they had ruined the vehicle. I still bought a first year model of the 100 in 1998. 450k miles later…

Reminds me of the arguments about the 100 when it came out. Many of us with old FJ60s thought they had ruined the vehicle. ..
They did ruin it. Abandoning 40 years of heritage, the SFA and inline 6 engine were discarded. The vehicle became more electronically complex , more difficult to work on for home mechanics.

The good news is that this replacement proved to be even better in most ways than the older Land Cruisers. I don't see these as mutually exclusive opinions.

They did ruin it. Abandoning 40 years of heritage, the SFA and inline 6 engine were discarded. The vehicle became more electronically complex , more difficult to work on for home mechanics.

The good news is that this replacement proved to be even better in most ways than the older Land Cruisers. I don't see these as mutually exclusive opinions.
correct. they ruined the Land Cruiser as it was originally designed and intended.

they added a GOOD other model to their lineup.

Had my 5k service today and my guy said time to trade it in and I said where’s my Land Cruiser. He said I don’t think you’re going to like it honestly. That leads me to believe it’s underpowered. Time will tell. Might have to go LX again from here.

Reading through the latest TCT online magazine, they give a brief overview of the upcoming Land Cruiser and say it will be called the 240 Series. Any thoughts from you all on this information and what will be the new Land Cruiser? I know the article didn't really have much information that isn't already known, but does labeling it a "240 Series" give any indications on the new model?

Reading through the latest TCT online magazine, they give a brief overview of the upcoming Land Cruiser and say it will be called the 240 Series. Any thoughts from you all on this information and what will be the new Land Cruiser? I know the article didn't really have much information that isn't already known, but does labeling it a "240 Series" give any indications on the new model?

240 is more than 200 and less than 300. So I can only assume it's about 3.5 times as good as an lc70 and 20% better than a 200 but 30% less than the 300. Haha.

Here's the deal...

Toyota does not "leak" like almost all manufacturers do. There is NO WAY to know what's going to show up until they are ready to officially let the cat out of the bag.

It's much easier to take US government top secret documents home... :p
:moon:

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I have little hope that the new Land Cruiser will be anything more than a Land Cruiser badge slapped on a disappointment.

My wife says I'm a pessimist. I say I'm a realist! :meh: ;)

The more I read these comments the more I realize that people seem to want something like an Ineos with a Toyota powertrain. Wouldn’t that be something.
Whatever it is I just hope it’s good. Toyota NA needs something exciting. So far all of their new releases have been very luke warm if you ask me.

The more I read these comments the more I realize that people seem to want something like an Ineos with a Toyota powertrain. Wouldn’t that be something.
This thread is like a typical group of political avtivists that watch CNN or Fox News all day and do nothing but yell at the TV thinking it will do something. All these couch-experts trying to tell Toyota what needs to be done for an absolute fraction of a fraction of a fraction of their buyer base. Toyota doesnt give a **** about the 3 people who would buy a diesel/70 series stateside.

Whatever it is I just hope it’s good. Toyota NA needs something exciting. So far all of their new releases have been very luke warm if you ask me.
Are you a market analyst? Is Toyota suffering? They cant make enough 4Runners and that is based on a platform that was designed and released in 2003.

Just because Toyota marking sucks, doesnt mean their stuff doesnt sell. They just dont connect with the social media generation who wants the likes on Instagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom