2023 Rear Camera / Rear bumper Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2023 Blackline, and I purchased the Victory 4x4 rear bumper and rear tire swing out, with their relocation kit for the camera and license tag/lights.
I've got a shop doing the work, but they are running into an issue.

Now that the rear camera has been relocated to the tire swing out, it no longer works.
This is all the information I have, and I'm trying to do some troubleshooting to help the shop.

The wires that Victory supplied are much larger gauge wires than the factory camera wires. Now that the wires are spliced, they are still getting the same power, but the camera isn't doing anything. It's just a black screen with no picture.
The shop things the different gauge wiring is possibly the problem.

I could see that if it went from bigger wire to smaller wire, but the opposite I don't think would have the effect of non functioning camera.

Has anyone relocated the rear camera on a 22 or a 23? Whether you did it or a shop did it, I'd love to touch base and see what sort of troubleshooting I can figure out via chat/DM/Phone.

The shop I’m working with has been on the phone and emailed back and forth with Victory, but apparently no solution has been given and from what I’m told Victory is no help with this.

—————————-
In addition to the camera issues this shop is having, there’s also issues with the parking sensors.
Everything seems to be installed fine, however they parking sensors keep erroring saying they’re dirty or covered.

Once they reset them, the work fine and normal until the car is turned off for awhile.
Once you restart the car, it’s errors again.

Been a rough go at it for this job.
Any insight is appreciated!
PFA.

EE2764B0-B380-4045-AEBA-DD751149BE91.jpeg

928C4AA3-F8D3-458B-9054-9C063B376E32.jpeg

45FD9A62-8685-4FF3-B227-DDA28694C63F.jpeg

2ACC21D6-F812-464E-ABF8-3B1BA5E2EB76.jpeg

When I had my MetalTech bumpers added, I had to do my own camera relocation.
I started out with a repurposed USB cable since it had the 4 wires needed.
Those wires were too small and the camera was intermittent. I had to swap it out for a considerably heavier gauge 4 pin wire.
I'm willing to bet that they are not wiring it correctly with the same wire coming to the camera as out of the rear, wire to wire.
If they cross any wire it will not work.
If that isn't it, then something may have happened to the camera and an easy test is just plug it back into it stock position.

When I had my MetalTech bumpers added, I had to do my own camera relocation.
I started out with a repurposed USB cable since it had the 4 wires needed.
Those wires were too small and the camera was intermittent. I had to swap it out for a considerably heavier gauge 4 pin wire.
I'm willing to bet that they are not wiring it correctly with the same wire coming to the camera as out of the rear, wire to wire.
If they cross any wire it will not work.
If that isn't it, then something may have happened to the camera and an easy test is just plug it back into it stock position.
I saw your post on your thread about that. If I recall, you mentioned the camera was on but very low resolution.

This is just blank.

However, I cannot speak to how the wires are extended and if they’re correctly being put into the camera in the new location.

Also, can’t speak to if they can just plug the stock pigtails back in to just verify the camera itself. Kinda weird middle seat I’ve got.

But their next step is redo the extension. They ordered the same gauge wire that is stock for Lexus to use to make a new jumper. So, hopefully that will solve it.

Reactions: r2m
I was really careful not to cross any of the wires since the extension cable did not have the same colors as the GX camera wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom