2019 Tuttle Creek Playtime - MSMR Oct. 25-27th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Pull out your calendar and mark the 25th to 27th of October for our annual Mike Sears Memorial Run at Tuttle Creek outside of Manhattan KS.

We have not reserved the cul-de-sac yet, the concern is water..... For those that went last year, the water was really high and half the park was underwater. Tuttle is currently really high, so if it remains high in October, we may have to look for alternatives and move this elsewhere. We will discuss this as we get closer to the date.

2 month warning

After I sent this yesterday, I wondered what the water level was right now.
1565890657550.png

That is 40 feet above normal level as of today.... and I looked at a historical calendar and this is 25 feet higher than it was when we went there last year.

It also appears the current level is about as low as it has been all year.

My point... we need options of where else we should have this run, as I don't think it will work.

KS Rocks??

Anyone interested in going to Arkansas instead?

echo.....

that would be a very viable option I just checked Grand lake is only two feet above normal and they only have one spillway open right now so that should leave most of the Wheeling area open

Any updates on this one? October is right around the corner.

I am hoping for Tuttle, but if it' not to be, so be it.

Just found out that the 10/26/19 weekend is the Family weekend for KState families.

Hopefully we can stay scheduled at Tuttle so I can have an excuse to take the whole family out.

We'll have other activities, and stay in a hotel, but we can spend some time out there!

I plan to go to Tuttle...even if camping there is not possible with the water. I’m not there right now, otherwise I would go check it out for the group.

Current lake level is 1110. I tried to look for pictures on instagram to check that if the ORV is as bad as last year... I see lots of mud pictures...

Had a couple ideas.

1. go to Disney. Many of us have not been there.

2. try Rush Spring Ranch, near Buena Vista Missouri. Have heard good things about it.

Just got off the phone with Rush Springs Ranch. Great information. They are at Pineville, MO, basically at the AR/MO border. I show right at 3 hours drive.

There is no other events planned that weekend. They have RV spots 30 and 50 amp and have tent camping available at the field next door. There is all sorts of trails and creekbed trails including waterfalls and even a pond you can fish at. She also told me about a cave that is accessable.

Cost is $10/night for tent camping, and $50 for the wheeling fees for the weekend. Night wheeling is fine up to midnight.

Do I hear a second?

Wish I could make this round of wheeling but not sure it’s not in the “PTO card” this year.

I'm in if you do rush springs. Too close not to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom