Builds 2019 GXOR 460 HB build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If a RTT won't fit, do you have room for an adventure trailer with a RTT on top?

If a RTT won't fit, do you have room for an adventure trailer with a RTT on top?

I might be able to make that work, though space is a bit tight. Still considering an RTT even if I have to remove it with each use. This is something down the road, right now lots of home repairs/upgrades to do first haha.

Yep, take care of those project now. Then when you do get your RTT and other goodies, you don't have to wait for all those "home projects" to get done before you can go out and enjoy all your new outdoor gear!

Hello all, novice here.... Mr spade.... love your build I’m looking at your first set up and just got in contact with Kyle at TOO.... you had 265/65/18 wildpeak at3 on there.... did you try getting a full size spare under the car?? In that tire rim size combo?

Hello all, novice here.... Mr spade.... love your build I’m looking at your first set up and just got in contact with Kyle at TOO.... you had 265/65/18 wildpeak at3 on there.... did you try getting a full size spare under the car?? In that tire rim size combo?

I actually didn't try with that tire size but I think it would fit with that size. Actually looking to possibly do a JW offroad mount for my spare instead of a full bumper now.

had to completely renovate and refinish our garage, starting to come together. Ceiling, attic, and 2 part epoxy all complete. Now for some tool cabinets and should be good to go.

120427269_10223097612330714_5284921670382264915_n.jpg

Before

IMG_0493 (1).jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Dude, LOVE the truck. You're inspiring me to grab a modern 460 and build it like yours. You have serious class and taste in this build.

Your truck was a lot of my inspiration also... two questions.

What is the trim piece on your grill (circled in blue)?

What shackles are those hanging from the bumper recovery points and do they rattle at all?

1B1583AD-E270-41AC-9C86-2E7AB6586001.jpeg

Dude, LOVE the truck. You're inspiring me to grab a modern 460 and build it like yours. You have serious class and taste in this build.
If Lexus/Toyota was not soooo close to coming out with a new GX/Prado/4R revision, I may be tempted also to do a do-over with a new rig. But with how old the GX460's are, we can't be more than a year or so form a redesign of the GX platform. Both the 150 and 200 series are WAY over due for a make-over considering how often their previous models have been released. But then it'll be another couple of years for the aftermarket crowd to catch up with product.

Last edited:
Your truck was a lot of my inspiration also... two questions.

What is the trim piece on your grill (circled in blue)?

What shackles are those hanging from the bumper recovery points and do they rattle at all?

Thanks.. The trim piece is from the sport trim I had on this truck....cant remove it as it would leave mounting holes. I kind of like the look.

The shackles are WARN, no rattling as there are rubber spacers. (edit, I meant WARN not ARB)

Last edited:
Curious now that you have used mrr shocks over basic Dobinsons how do you like them, have you made many adjustments to them? I’m hesitant about getting mrr because with so much adjustment I’m nervous I either won’t use it at all or mess something up and have to take it in to be reconfigured..... thinking about ims option step above basic but no adjustments

I gotta say that your rig is one of the cleanest that I've ever seen.
I'm sure you've been asked this before from other SoCal peeps, but where did you get your sliders & roof rack installed at?
The sliders & side step trim flow together so seamlessly, almost factory-like.
That attention to detail is A+

You have an incredible build! You inspired me to order a CBI stealth bumper during the Black Friday sale for my '17 GX. While going over install videos I noticed that the bumper includes a mounting bracket and bolt that goes in the same hole that the front of your blue recovery points bolt to. Can you tell me how you managed to both bolt down the bracket and the recovery point to the same hole? Did you bend the bumper mount and put it over the recovery point bolt hole or under? I'd love to keep my rated points under the vehicle. Also, do you know if the shackle points on the front of the CBI bumper are rated for recovery?

Hey guys, new 2019 here. So far really loving this truck. For now this vehicle is mostly going to be used for snowboarding trips (~30 trips/year), family camping/road trips, and some mild light off roading.

List of mods:

Dobinsons MRR 2.5" lift, Blackhawk GXOR edition upper control arms, ALPHAequipt Command GXOR edition wheels, Falken Wildpeak at3ws (285/70/17), SSO roof rack & sliders, pedal commander, chrome delete vinyl, titanium ceramic coating, ceramic tint.

On order/forthcoming:

CBI Covert Front bumper with Warn 9.5 xps winch, CBI front and rear skids, 4X4labs rear bumper with dual swing outs, baja designs light bars, Goose Gear rear drawer system, ARB snorkel.

After tint/chrome delete

View attachment 2361643

View attachment 2361644

View attachment 2361645

SSO Sliders Installed

View attachment 2138801

SSO rack
View attachment 2138802

This truck is a freaking STUD! KUDOS

Hello spadeupsleeve. Thanks a lot for sharing your mods.
I recently purchased a new 2021 GX 460. I have a question regarding Dobinsons MRR 2.5" lift.
I am thinking to raise my GX for mild offroading. I was wondering if you know adding this lift would void suspension/power terrain factory warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom