Builds 2018 Premium 460 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wish I could make it. I’m another 6-12 months out from moving up there near Bonners Ferry. I’ll join the fun next year.

Are there any other overland rallies in the spring up there?
The Northwest Overland Rally is held in June around fathers day.

Okay, I know it's cool and all, but...
You guys have got to STOP what your doing!!!!
Your FUN meter is WAY off the scale!
I wanna do some toooooo!!!!!
The goal is to make this business @backkroad4wdtraining profitable enough to support my 4x4 habit in retirement and pay for 4x4 trips abroad.

A little Tread Lightly clean up today, small crew but effective!

tl1.jpg
tl2.jpg
tl3.jpg
tl4.jpg

I’m in Renton - how do I volunteer for these cleanup events?
Tread Lightly, ikamper (host) posted it on social media, then I reposted on Backroad 4WD Training social media.

Follow anyone of us on social media and I'm sure you catch the next one. That being stated, that's the first event that has been put together by Tread Lightly in Washington since I became a Tread Trainer.

Tread Lightly, ikamper (host) posted it on social media, then I reposted on Backroad 4WD Training social media.

Follow anyone of us on social media and I'm sure you catch the next one. That being stated, that's the first event that has been put together by Tread Lightly in Washington since I became a Tread Trainer.

Thanks! I’ll investigate. I’m not on Facebook so hopefully they post elsewhere.

Thanks! I’ll investigate. I’m not on Facebook so hopefully they post elsewhere.
I see your on the Gram, it was cross posted on both FB and IG. All of us are on both.

I helped ya out I just followed your Gram, follow us and you'll see the next event.

Last edited:
Blows my mind the trash people leave on the side of and on trails. 😖
I went to a small site in the UP over here in the mitten state and it was atrocious how bad it was. I picked up an entire trash bag and it was barely a dent in what was at the one site. Meanwhile every camper there spent the whole night getting trashed and leaving trash. Guess if you are trash, you leave trash. It's unfortunate the effect humans have on the environment in a totally preventable way. Ever seen the aftermath of a concert anywhere in the US? Same folks that bitch about "global warming". Typical.

That said...Anyone know of a Michigan based tread lightly org or something. I'd be willing to go out and clean up some areas with a group since there's quite a bit of trash left behind by degens

Last edited:
Blows my mind the trash people leave on the side of and on trails. 😖
Indeed! What wasn't see in those pictures was the small bedroom carpet and pad I hauled out, the small car trunk lid and RV dual wheel/tire. Countless beer and energy drink containers. Sad really.

• Sad
Reactions: r2m
I went to a small site in the UP over here in the mitten state and it was atrocious how bad it was. I picked up an entire trash bag and it was barely a dent in what was at the one site. Meanwhile every camper there spent the whole night getting trashed and leaving trash. Guess if you are trash, you leave trash. It's unfortunate the effect humans have on the environment in a totally preventable way. Ever seen the aftermath of a concert anywhere in the US? Same folks that bitch about "global warming". Typical.

That said...Anyone know of a Michigan based tread lightly org or something. I'd be willing to go out and clean up some areas with a group since there's quite a bit of trash left behind by degens
Start here Home - Tread Lightly - https://treadlightly.org/ follow them on your social media feeds. If you shop on Amazon you can donate through Amazon smile program.

Its been a long training season and needed to get caught up on some general servicing. At nearly 60,000 miles I replaced all the fluids, the diffs and t-case were replaced in the spring when I regeared. Who would have thought that basic servicing would cost so much for DIY!!!

Had to get the engine bay washed up as well, filthy from all the work this summer and fall.

maint #1.jpg
maint #3.jpg
maint #2.jpg

Its been a long training season and needed to get caught up on some general servicing. At nearly 60,000 miles I replaced all the fluids, the diffs and t-case were replaced in the spring when I regeared. Who would have thought that basic servicing would cost so much for DIY!!!

Had to get the engine bay washed up as well, filthy from all the work this summer and fall.

View attachment 3156087View attachment 3156089View attachment 3156090
WOW! What did you use to clean your engine bay?
It looks dealer new! (Or are you punking us and that engine bay really is a dealers new GX... Ha-ha-ha!!)

WOW! What did you use to clean your engine bay?
It looks dealer new! (Or are you punking us and that engine bay really is a dealers new GX... Ha-ha-ha!!)
Yes, inquiring minds want to know. I tried looking at the picture of your workbench for a hint at the cleaning materials. Looks amazing!

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. I tried looking at the picture of your workbench for a hint at the cleaning materials. Looks amazing!
Look closely at the floor. Chemical Guys Mr. Pink car wash soap. Shot it with the foam cannon hand scrubbed with brushes, wash mitt and 4" paint brush for the tight areas. Removed all the under hood plastic covers and wash on the driveway. Garden hose pressure rinse while the engine was running.

Is Kaon offering those interior shelves/pockets now or is that from another vendor?

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom