Builds 2018 GCC Spec 79 Series 1HD-FTE + H152 - The Camel (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The positive develop on the harness side of things put me in a better frame of mind with this truck. But it got me thinking about the engine choice and have been concerned about having two really similar but also really different engines (the FTE v FT). We have the new FTE short block so.......after a few emails with GTurbo it looks like @SNLC is going to be building this engine as the electronically controlled FTE. GTurbo is going to supply us with a new and improved FTE injection pump, injectors, turbo and a chip. Thrashlux is going to supply the FTE ECU, harness, pedal, etc., and it should plug right into the harness @Onur procured.

Such a big hurdle overcome. I am sure we will have somethings to deal with wiring wise but so far it sure looks plug and play.

We have a 4:1 HF2A sitting here that’s Johns so if he wants to run that, we got most of the power train in hand. New short block, huge pile of bolt on OEM parts, GTurbo bits in the works, bell housing coming with wiring from Aus, H152 and clutch in hand, head is under the knife now with new OEM parts, nice locked chassis squared away and ya some other things not even mentioned yet. Still going to have to deal with HVAC parts, a lot is missing. We got almost nothing for fuel tanks and fuel system too. Otherwise though, it is shaping up to be a Cruiser!

Cheers

This arrived today.

C22A88C8-FBC3-4FB6-BD66-F88F4D7116DB.jpeg

The positive develop on the harness side of things put me in a better frame of mind with this truck. But it got me thinking about the engine choice and have been concerned about having two really similar but also really different engines (the FTE v FT). We have the new FTE short block so.......after a few emails with GTurbo it looks like @SNLC is going to be building this engine as the electronically controlled FTE. GTurbo is going to supply us with a new and improved FTE injection pump, injectors, turbo and a chip. Thrashlux is going to supply the FTE ECU, harness, pedal, etc., and it should plug right into the harness @Onur procured.

Hello,

Be sure to detail the electronic gas pedal build in your posts.

Juan

Progress. Looks like I have secured an ECU and the associated bits for the FTE wiring setup. The FTE setup for my 80 series was a decent learning curve on how/where etc to source this stuff. Second time is going to be a little easier. But this crap is getting hard to find as the demand fair outweighs the supply.

The truck has not been abandoned. Just waiting on some parts. I hoped we would have been able to utilize the head that came off the HDFT I had “rebuilt” for my 80 series but the machine shop said it was so jacked up and beyond saving. We now basically have a brand new FTE as we already had a new short block and this new FTE head plus all the new components will complete the package.

546F901C-D534-4C96-BB5D-082904A57172.jpeg
B059723E-7665-431B-8FD1-B04201762BAA.jpeg

The Gturbo delivery also happened today. Sneak peek

02355B77-DB59-4620-915F-9FD765695FFE.jpeg

@SNLC continues to move right along with the 80 series completion and this project will move back in line.

Sweet Jesus you two.

Crazy farking awesome.

Are you going to be using GTurbo's tuning module on this one too or exploring different options (Unichip)?

Same thing I said in the pm.

Currently GTurbo does not have one available. They decided to redesign or redo theirs, Unichip is building it. A few months ago they said it would be a few months before it is available.

Cheers

Same thing I said in the pm.

Currently GTurbo does not have one available. They decided to redesign or redo theirs, Unichip is building it. A few months ago they said it would be a few months before it is available.

Cheers
They used to run DTE modules which from a tuning perspective were decent (IMHO based on having @Indestructible 47 truck on the dyno and meddling with things), but found the harness unreliable, rough ground and it would bump off the plug and she'd go back to stock which was frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom