2018 BOD Nominations and Voting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past we haven't, just because there has very infrequently been a vote off, but I like the idea. I'm for it!
Doesn’t have to be a big thing, Vee and Alex are the only ones in 2016 that did an intro , pages 4 and 5. They could be the template to copy, keeping it simple.

Doesn’t have to be a big thing, Vee and Alex are the only ones in 2016 that did an intro , pages 4 and 5. They could be the template to copy, keeping it simple.
Mine was lame. Don't copy mine.

I second @lumbee1 for Secretary.

Edit: never mind, @forrest5000 already seconded him. I'm slow.

Last edited:
Everyone,
I want to tell you that I'm not ignoring this thread, but the timing of it could not have been worse for me! Sit tight...I'll return with an answer over the next few days.

Eric Rymer for ONSC President 2018

Well I guess I’ll make my pitch. For newer members that might not know me well yet, I am a 43yo US Air Force veteran, married to your current Events coordinator Stacy Rymer and father to Tillman, Cole and Victoria. I’ve been involved with ONSC for a little over 11 years now going back to when we were working off an email chain for the local guys in the triad. I’ve been able to ramp up my involvement the last 3-4 years as the kids are becoming a little more self-sufficient. My kids have been raised in this club and I truly consider you family. When I mention to the kids that we are going camping, their first reply is group camp or the barn? ONSC is deeply embedded in all we do as a family. I am usually one of the first on scene and almost always one of the last to leave. I enjoy helping in every aspect of our events although it usually means less trail time. I find that a worthy trade off to make sure that all attendees have a wonderful time at any ONSC function.

I hope to build off the legacy of Greg, Brian and Johnny and all the hard work they’ve put into making ONSC what it is today. I will always conduct myself in a manner that will be reflective of what makes ONSC so special. I will always be approachable to your concerns and open minded to your suggestions as this is your club. I have a great relationship with the current BOD members and look forward to the opportunity to work with them, serve you and build upon the phenomenal job these guys have done so far. I appreciate your consideration for the position. Even if not elected I will continue to put in work to make certain each of you continues to enjoy ONSC events.

Edit : added a family photo for anyone that might not know the Mud names well.

IMG_2516.JPG

Last edited:
Johnny asked this to not be a chat thread.
:beer: As entertaining as it is, Joe is right. Let's try and keep this to nominations, seconds, approvals and questions directly related to the positions and elections.

I nominate Del Roman for Secretary.

Although already nominated for Pres, I'd like to nominate John Vee for Sec.Tres in the event he doesn't want to run for Pres. He's done an amazing job in that role and reading his chapter reports is one of the highlights of getting my issue of TT.

Second

I am not ignoring my nomination for Secretary. I am weighing my work and personal life commitments with my ability to contribute to ONSC as a dedicated member of the board. I have contributed in the past and will continue to do so.. ah f'k it. I accept the nomination for Secretary.

Thank you @GLTHFJ60 @forrest5000 @erymer and everybody who has reached out publicly or privately to offer support and encouragement for my nomination(s), but I have to respectfully decline at this time. The presidency of this next term would likely place too large of a burden on me given the hopeful outcome of a few personal irons in the fire, so to speak. It is for this same reason that I will be vacating the Secretary position once the current term is up. If requested, I will be happy to offer assistance where I can to the next group of BOD members to help continue the running of this club in a direction that tries to offer something for all.

After 4 years on the BOD, I am acutely aware of the labor that goes on behind the scenes of a club like ours, hosting the members and events that we do. It's not always pleasant, and it can sometimes feel like another full-time job, but the work is very important to the life of the club and is balanced with some of the best times and people that a person can know. I feel privileged to have been allowed to do my part of that for ONSC and look forward to still offering something wherever I can.

Thanks for a couple great terms. I look forward to see where the new BOD takes us. :clap:

--JV

JV you're a class act. We've been blessed to have your service to Onsc for the last 4 years. Thank you buddy.
I know this isn't the thread for chat and discussion, but I'll second that. Yours are some big shoes to fill, you will be missed. Thank you for all you've done.

This is what we've got. All of the candidates are running unopposed right now. Unless more candidates enter the running, there will be no vote.

President:
Eric Rymer @erymer

Secretary:
Jonathan Jones @lumbee1

Membership Coordinator:
Eric Forrest @forrest5000

Thank you @GLTHFJ60 @forrest5000 @erymer and everybody who has reached out publicly or privately to offer support and encouragement for my nomination(s), but I have to respectfully decline at this time. The presidency of this next term would likely place too large of a burden on me given the hopeful outcome of a few personal irons in the fire, so to speak. It is for this same reason that I will be vacating the Secretary position once the current term is up. If requested, I will be happy to offer assistance where I can to the next group of BOD members to help continue the running of this club in a direction that tries to offer something for all.

After 4 years on the BOD, I am acutely aware of the labor that goes on behind the scenes of a club like ours, hosting the members and events that we do. It's not always pleasant, and it can sometimes feel like another full-time job, but the work is very important to the life of the club and is balanced with some of the best times and people that a person can know. I feel privileged to have been allowed to do my part of that for ONSC and look forward to still offering something wherever I can.

Thanks for a couple great terms. I look forward to see where the new BOD takes us. :clap:

--JV
boooohhhhh :crybaby:

Bumping this to the top

I guess there will be no vote at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom