2017 what have you done to your 4 x 4 lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but I couldn't find a dedicated thread:

Would anyone have the tools (namely, a press) and be willing to help me replace the bushings on my front control arms? I could pull the arms and bring them to someone and I'd be happy to do the work. OR I could just drive the 80 to someone and again, handle all the dirty work. I just don't have the ideal equipment to get the job done. I might be able to press out the center with my vise and then cut through the outer ring like some have suggested but still don't have a press to install the OME CC bushings.

It would be a huge help and I'll be happy to compensate anyone with beer and/or cash for their time and use of press.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but I couldn't find a dedicated thread:

Would anyone have the tools (namely, a press) and be willing to help me replace the bushings on my front control arms? I could pull the arms and bring them to someone and I'd be happy to do the work. OR I could just drive the 80 to someone and again, handle all the dirty work. I just don't have the ideal equipment to get the job done. I might be able to press out the center with my vise and then cut through the outer ring like some have suggested but still don't have a press to install the OME CC bushings.

It would be a huge help and I'll be happy to compensate anyone with beer and/or cash for their time and use of press.

I have the stuff to get this done.... but shop is in paint shop mode, so it would have to be likely after I get back from NC trip.

I have the stuff to get this done.... but shop is in paint shop mode, so it would have to be likely after I get back from NC trip.

That would be awesome. If no one else chimes in before then, I'll take you up on that.

That would be awesome. If no one else chimes in before then, I'll take you up on that.

I've got the 20T press to do this. Still in the box, but we could set it up and you could use it.

I still have to install my 2.5" OME lift, but I am gathering all the parts to do all the bushings F/R on my truck as well.

I need to get my hands on a set of the press tools (planning on buying from NLXTACY), but we could work out a deal there if you want.

I can't get to mine in the short term, but you're welcome to start. All I have is a garage full of crap at the moment or I have to work in the driveway.

I'll PM you my contact info so we could work out something.

Don't know if you actually need a hand to do it, or just tools, or what. I've owned my lift kit for about a year, and I still haven't had time to get it installed, but I need it bad.

FYI, I have the set of press tools to install these that @cjmoon made several years back.

I found drilling out the old bushings with a hole saw that fits tight to the outside of the rubber, inside the metal ring is great quick way to get the bushings out. Then use sawzall to cut the metal part, then pop it out with screwdriver.

Literally 10 minutes and done.

@2fpower I still have one of cjmoon’s press tools I borrowed from you a couple months ago. Along with a set of your beefed up rear LCAs, which I still haven’t had time to swap out for the new ones.

@2fpower I still have one of cjmoon’s press tools I borrowed from you a couple months ago. Along with a set of your beefed up rear LCAs, which I still haven’t had time to swap out for the new ones.
Good point.... I don't currently have those press tools.

That’s funny I will actually be needing to get my hands on them next week. PM me well coordinate next week, I’m out of town this weekend.

Anyone have any monstaliner part B catalyst? I am running low on it, not sure I have enough to get all the spraying done. I ordered some today from monsta; however, they could not expidite shipping, so going to be tight on time.

If anyone has some, I will replace whatever I use.

I bought one (4x4)....

We finally made the decision to retire the cruiser from daily driving, and bought something I could live with driving for a while. I hate payments and we financed part of the 15 Yukon, so found a really good deal on an 03 F150 Lariat Crew Cab 5.4 Triton on craigslist. One owner, and it's literally cleaner than our Yukon. Not a Ford guy, but couldn't pass up on the deal.

Now time to air the tires on the cruiser down to zero and squeeze it in my garage again. It needs: new exhaust (mine is rusted out and laying on the frame, so sounds like "the fast and furious", but more "slow and depressed" than any thing else), rear upper control arm bushings, leak somewhere in one of the power steering lines, leak somewhere in the A/C. Debating on sending it somewhere for new exhaust, so chime in with any shop recommendations!

Here's the new DD needing a bath.

F150.jpg

Nice looking truck. Let me know which way you go on the exhaust. Mine is held together by high temp patch.

Get an FSM for that truck. When you snap off the aft passenger side two piece spark plug read what Ford says to do. Two or three steps in..."Remove Cab". Trust me, you don't have to do that to drill out and tap the head but dang is it a PITA.

I thought step one was "remove the cab." ....Seriously..... buddy had that happen, he used the snap on brand broken plug removal tool -- yes, they make a tool specific to taking out the broken spark plugs, and the snap on tool broke, so had to remove the head.

Oh goodie...

1A05CF36-AC45-4B4E-9B97-07977BE4E04C.png
here

I bought one (4x4)....

We finally made the decision to retire the cruiser from daily driving, and bought something I could live with driving for a while. I hate payments and we financed part of the 15 Yukon, so found a really good deal on an 03 F150 Lariat Crew Cab 5.4 Triton on craigslist. One owner, and it's literally cleaner than our Yukon. Not a Ford guy, but couldn't pass up on the deal.

Now time to air the tires on the cruiser down to zero and squeeze it in my garage again. It needs: new exhaust (mine is rusted out and laying on the frame, so sounds like "the fast and furious", but more "slow and depressed" than any thing else), rear upper control arm bushings, leak somewhere in one of the power steering lines, leak somewhere in the A/C. Debating on sending it somewhere for new exhaust, so chime in with any shop recommendations!

Here's the new DD needing a bath.

View attachment 1728196

S K Mechanic in Olathe installed complete exhaust on my ‘97 LC from engine back in Aug. 2016 for $12.50 exhaust bracket, $929.75 AP exhaust (2 cats, muffler, tailpipe, and all gaskets), and $247.38 labor.

96EF0187-731B-468F-8CA8-D7FB17FDE66F.jpeg
I’ve been sitting here planning a few trips for the group. Posts to come soon.....I also upgraded the tow rig to Big Bertha. Fully deleted tuner 5inch exhaust one owner as well. I changed all the fluids and went over it to make sure she is good to go. She is about to be put to the test on our trip to Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore. Nice daily Mikey @FZJ80 in KC

@1MAC joined me on a shopping trip to Minneapolis today... Been missing bouncing on the rocks around here so finally put a deal together on this ‘71 FJ40. In the next couple weeks or so I’m going to need a few of you 40 experts to come over and help me decide what I need to add, change and/or tweak on this rig.

View attachment 1732990 View attachment 1732991
Bounce ‘em if ya got ‘em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom