******2017 Overland Expo East Biltmore Sept 29-Oct 1 ******* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replaced my canopy this week from the one that broke at GSMTR. Decided to just ride a popup un the roofrack instead of my plans to fab a rollout. My still do one later but wanted to have it for this and App Rendezvous.

Ordered sliders today too. :clap:

I've got us a big area in front of my booth for all the cruiser clubs and cruiser vendors to camp and hang out. UC will have our canopy there and I believe ONSC will as well. A good friend of mine and his son will be bringing a commercial griddle and I along with Metaltech who has graciously offered to donate some money will pay for food all weekend long.

Our space will be right in front of booth #70 which is mine. When you come into the area park and register just like everyone else. Then upon leaving they will direct you to the main camping area which is to the left. Talk with whoever is pointing you and tell them You are with Upstate Cruisers and Trollholes Cruisers and they have reserved you a spot to the right. You will then go right on the road that runs behind the track and BFG area. Then look for the Clubs white canopy with Logo on it. That is our area. We have a water tank near our area along with bathrooms. I think you will like our side a lot better than the other side which has a tendency to be more like a frat party at times. My kids will be there as well as a lot of others.

I will do my best to help you out but I cannot drop what I'm doing and help you. Once the show starts on friday I'm locked into my booth. You can text me if you like and I'll see if I can help though.

Marshall 8644140563

This may help, booth 70 is roughly in center across the theater. Thats a prime spot!
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Good work Marshall.

Aiming to get up their Thursday before the gates close. Will be driving the 200 to get on up the road a little faster. :hillbilly:

I'm sure I'll be in full panic mode by Wednesday. I think I have everything covered. Steve and rob are going to help me with setting up and getting both trucks up there. Will be an act of God if I get Eric's truck back together and running by then and Rion's blue 79 cleaned up. This week is always stressful for me. But once I get the trucks there safe and sound I'll be able to relax. Hauling 130k worth of customers cruisers is not for the faint of heart.

Sounds like this will be lots of fun! We will be staying in a hotel and arriving Fri. night. We just have day passes for Sat. I'll be bringing the wife and my 4 year old daughter. Any tips or tricks to getting the most out of the experience? What should we expect... Thanks in advance!!

@greenseaman you will have lots of world class equipment to look at and the people who use it are there to talk with as well. Also will be some equipment demonstrations going on so you will want to see what times those are being done on Saturday if there are any particular ones you want to see. Most of the courses are reserved for the weekend/experience tickets I think so you'll want to see what the day ticket allows you to do.

If you can do the Land Rover Experience course then sign up as soon as you come in that morning b/c the list will fill up quickly on Saturday. It's fun. My wife did the course in the Range Rover and then the Discovery. It was towards the end of the day and they wanted to get some film footage so she got to run the course a few times consecutively so they could get different sequences. She lucked out!

There is also a little course you can do with the various BF Goodrich vehicles that you might enjoy. I don't know if it is a sign up or wait in line kind of thing though.

My favorite part is simply seeing old friends, comparing stories from long trips and getting ideas for the next big trip. This summer we hit a primitive spot on BLM land in New Mexico based on a recommendation from a guy I met at Expo 3 years ago and still stay in touch with. Soooo nice to get real input from people you know.

Another thing for me is I've almost always been the only guy there with w Turtleback Trailer and this year there should be ~6 so I'm excited to see others setups. We are trying to decide if we continue with the expo trailer or look towards a 4-wheel camper in the future.

Last year my wife did the winching course, marshalling course and a few others. This summer we were up to our eyeballs in USFS pig paths in Kaibab NF and came across a lodgepole pine in the way that was the size of our 200. I had to back up for well over half a mile with no turnarounds and no room for error. That marshalling course was worth its weight in gold as she did a great job signalling and spotting for me. Reverse with a trailer for 45min with someone who can communicate and not panic is priceless.

Getting ready! Changed valve cover gasket and spark plugs. Hope that wasn’t a fool’s errand if it doesn’t run right from me doing something wrong, but got tired of the oil leak and the old plugs were wayyyyy gapped (unknown age).

Oh, and important task, will be bringing a little Texas beef.

8EC93C8E-A96C-4C0D-926C-9A1D5A1B7AF7.jpeg

Just bought passes for the lovely wife and I for Sunday, would like to make reservations for 2 for lunch at Cafe Trollhole, preferrably a table with a river view!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom