2016 LX 570 Outer Tire Wear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, so now I have to decide to replace all 4 or just the 2 that are worn. The back 2 Dunlop’s we’re just replaced a year or so ago and have plenty of tread left. I’d rather not replace 2 good tires if not needed. Is there any reason that I may not know about of why I would need to replace all 4 with the same manufacturer of tire. I would have 2 Michelin’s and 2 Dunlop’s on the vehicle. More than likely I would replace the other 2 Dunlop’s summer of 2025.
No. Replacing 2 now means they’ll be worn down when you get the next 2 on which then means you always have an uneven amount of wear across the full set. I’d replace all 5 and rotate regularly to maximize life and performance.

Ok, so now I have to decide to replace all 4 or just the 2 that are worn. The back 2 Dunlop’s we’re just replaced a year or so ago and have plenty of tread left. I’d rather not replace 2 good tires if not needed. Is there any reason that I may not know about of why I would need to replace all 4 with the same manufacturer of tire. I would have 2 Michelin’s and 2 Dunlop’s on the vehicle. More than likely I would replace the other 2 Dunlop’s summer of 2025.
i would def not mix tire types, like two dunlops and two michelin! AWD cars do not like the wheels turning differently all the time! It wears out all the driveline parts.

I MIGHT be tempted to have four Dunlops if the two rear ones were just replaced.....expecially if i did not have the monetary choice available....

The Dunlop’s are just inferior tires all around. IMO this is a chance for a reset to a tire that is worthy of this vehicle.. the Michelins.

I also like the idea of tossing one of the Dunlop’s onto the spare if it’s not new. Or run five new Michelins and do the 5-tire rotation.. this has the advantage of if you get a flat that requires replacement you can switch to 4-tire on even tread for the remainder of those tires’ life, then put the newer tire back into the rotation when you wear out the four.

I planned to post this in the Defender thread but the light helped me notice my 6k-mile LTXs still had some of the mold marks..

IMG_1553.jpeg

They wear like iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom