2014 radio amp location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RET2

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm having issues with intermittent FM reception and it was suggested to check connections on the amp. One person said it was under passenger seat another said drivers seat. I've looked under both and no joy? Any other suggestions?

I would have guessed passenger seat.

I'll look again, was looking for something bolted to floor?

I have the Fsm, just need to get past bedtime for my kids and I’ll go take an look

I'm having issues with intermittent FM reception and it was suggested to check connections on the amp. One person said it was under passenger seat another said drivers seat. I've looked under both and no joy? Any other suggestions?
What’s FM? 🤣

What’s FM? 🤣
It's what us oldtimers listen to because we don't have the time, money or electrical savy to get an I-whatever to store music on? Besides where else are we supposed to be exposed to useless information about stuff we don't need but are told that we do? 🤣

Hey Ralph (@RET2),

Might want to check your window antenna connections. I know you’ve done some tinkering g in panels back there. One of those is your FM antenna.

Re radio in general...
-What kills standard radio for me (I’m 51, so yes...I’m aware of manual dial radios as the ONLY game in town frowning up).
the overwhelming percentage of ADVERTISEMENTS. Same with television.

I timed “Big Bang Theory” (a “half hour” show) a few times to see how much actual show content there was after theme song, re-caps, commercials and credits are removed.

Um... **Less than 18 minutes. One was barely over 17!! That...is rediculous...and radio ratios are getting unbelievably bad too.

My solution:
The Serius satalite **phone app** (not just a receiver...but the app) has a good number of stations that let you go back to shows/segments already aired that day...jump back to them...and skip commercials—just like a DVR.

Suddenly I can stomach “radio” again.

Hey Ralph (@RET2),

Might want to check your window antenna connections. I know you’ve done some tinkering g in panels back there. One of those is your FM antenna.

Re radio in general...
-What kills standard radio for me (I’m 51, so yes...I’m aware of manual dial radios as the ONLY game in town frowning up).
the overwhelming percentage of ADVERTISEMENTS. Same with television.

I timed “Big Bang Theory” (a “half hour” show) a few times to see how much actual show content there was after theme song, re-caps, commercials and credits are removed.

Um... **Less than 18 minutes. One was barely over 17!! That...is rediculous...and radio ratios are getting unbelievably bad too.

My solution:
The Serius satalite **phone app** (not just a receiver...but the app) has a good number of stations that let you go back to shows/segments already aired that day...jump back to them...and skip commercials—just like a DVR.

Suddenly I can stomach “radio” again.
Will pm in am ha ha Thanks

Here you go. 2014 "Stereo Component Amplifier" from the FSM. Let me know if you need the Removal Instructions.
Per the last image, the amp is located under the DRIVER seat.

2014 Amp_1.JPG
2014 Amp_2.JPG
2014 Amp_3.JPG
2014 Amp_4.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a PDF of the whole "AUDIO / VIDEO: STEREO COMPONENT AMPLIFIER: COMPONENTS; 2014 MY Land Cruiser [08/2013 - ]" as it relates to the amplifier.

Attachments

• Pages from RepairManual-RM23T0U-AudioVisualTelematics-2014.pdf
    612.9 KB · Views: 73
Thank you very much. Holy Crap-oly what a chore to get at. Unless I get really bored I think I'll just suffer along . The more I think about it (and in consideration of location) the antenna might be the culprit. AM and XM come in fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom