2014 GX460 P1605 and P0430 codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Check engine light on with track off warning. I took it in to a local shop and he said he had to replace the bank 2 cat and quoted $2,800. Didn't really even talk much about the P1605 code. From the research I've done the P1605 code could be the issue causing the P0430 code and the cat might not even need to be replaced. I'm not having any performance issues at all. Does any one have input or dealt with the two codes simultaneously?

If possible, take it to another shop or two. Or a dealer?

If possible, take it to another shop or two. Or a dealer?
I took it to two more shops today. The first one said they would try and figure out what is causing the P1605 code first because that may clear the P0430 code. The second shop said more times than not the converter is bad and the P0430 code is actually causing the P1605 code. He said he would check some other things first but most likely have to replace the converter. He also said that I would be better off replacing both converters because whatever caused the bank 2 converter to go bad is also damaging the bank 1 converter and its just a matter of time before the other one goes out. He quoted $2,800 for both converters and $1,300 for labor. He also said he can't get the bank 2 converter through the parts company he uses so he said my options are to get the OEM lexus converters or I can find my own online but he can't warranty them. He said Toyota and Lexus are finicky with some after market parts and the computer may not recognize the new after market converters.

Reactions: r2m
I took it to two more shops today. The first one said they would try and figure out what is causing the P1605 code first because that may clear the P0430 code. The second shop said more times than not the converter is bad and the P0430 code is actually causing the P1605 code. He said he would check some other things first but most likely have to replace the converter. He also said that I would be better off replacing both converters because whatever caused the bank 2 converter to go bad is also damaging the bank 1 converter and its just a matter of time before the other one goes out. He quoted $2,800 for both converters and $1,300 for labor. He also said he can't get the bank 2 converter through the parts company he uses so he said my options are to get the OEM lexus converters or I can find my own online but he can't warranty them. He said Toyota and Lexus are finicky with some after market parts and the computer may not recognize the new after market converters.
There's a Lexus dealer that has an online store that has really good prices and I think free shipping.
Now with all that great preamble, no, I don't recall the name of the shop, but I believe it's in Arizona and I'm sure someone on this forum will fill in the blank.

Anyone want to chime in??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom